X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Headed to the lease in between Dryden and Sanderson this weekend! Any rut activity seen for the Mule Deer or Whitetail?

Comment

No help on my end sportsman. I haven’t been down since the beginning of November, but I wish you luck. These Terrell county killers, are a quiet bunch.

Comment

They got lots of snow out there.

Comment

They got lots of snow out there.

Comment

Heading to Dryden this weekend. Anyone been in the area lately? Curious if there is any mule deer rut activity going on? Thought it would have been hot and heavy right after Christmas, but really wasn't. Hoping it's just a little late this go around.

Comment

Great info in here!

Comment

Question for y'all that hunt Terrell County. Been looking to buy some property to hunt. Is it worth buying 200-300 acres out there for hunting? Never been out there and was thinking about making a trip out to look at a few places. Thought I'd check before I made the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                    Question for y'all that hunt Terrell County. Been looking to buy some property to hunt. Is it worth buying 200-300 acres out there for hunting? Never been out there and was thinking about making a trip out to look at a few places. Thought I'd check before I made the trip.

200-300 acres out there is like 50 acres in tree country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Terrell County is amazing. We bought our place around 2001, and I can’t get enough of it. You will almost certainly have to buy a place that’s been subdivided to get the size property your looking for. These areas are usually heavily hunted and trophy quality is low. I would suggest buying on the edge of these places so you can pull the deer off the neighboring ranch with feed. Good luck with your search!

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Couple of funny looking mule deer showed up at my feeder!
                          Attached Files

Comment

My buddy has 219 acres right on Meyers Canyon. If you have good neighbors, it is worth it. When you don’t, you deal with a lot of frustration. Love it out there

Comment

I keep hearing stories of the flood of illegals in and through Terrell County. Camphouses and blinds being vandalized and broke into and feeders/game cams being destroyed. At a rate 10x of what it’s been before.

Have y’all been experiencing this the last few months?

We are headed out this weekend to get some of our stuff.

Comment

Looking for a lease now....

I lost my lease so I'm looking for a new one in Terrell/Val Verde County. Price range of $1500-2k and year round access if possible. I'm looking for one spot, but if my wife can hunt off my tag that would be perfect. I don't have a camper so a cabin of some kind would be great. I've got my own feeder and blind. Willing to split costs on feed or provide my own. Lease rules are there for a reason and I abide by them. I like a toddy in the evening after the hunt, but don't like a camp full of drunks.

I can cook, clean, repair feeders and blinds. I basically work my arse off to make the place better for everyone.

If ya'll know of anything in the area please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X