No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday can't get here soon enough. Going to be different year for us, we normaly hunt unit 6... but since it's closed, the scouting day is going to be a lot more important this go round

Comment

For everyone that has used a bike for this hunt, what type of tire liners are you all using? I’m planning on using slime tubes but I have read here on TBH, that it will not be enough due to the thorns. Just trying to do some last minute preparation for my hunt this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NeedmoreOutdoor View Post
        For everyone that has used a bike for this hunt, what type of tire liners are you all using? I’m planning on using slime tubes but I have read here on TBH, that it will not be enough due to the thorns. Just trying to do some last minute preparation for my hunt this week.

I just used slime tires and changed two flats my entire time there. Just get yourself some tire spoons, some air and some spares. Changing a bike tire is super fast and easy.

Comment

Comment

I'll be there for this last archery hunt this week. Were we supposed to receive an email from the hunt coordinator?
            Last edited by TXFireFighter; 11-30-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I added these from Amazon. They worked great

Comment

My nephew an I both used tire liners in our bikes, mine were Tuffy brand from Amazon with cheap bell tubes that I added slime to. We both pulled trailers with slime but no liners. Neither of us had any flats on our bikes but we each had two flats on the trailers and we ran out of spare tubes. Riding back from deep in unit 3 with flats on both trailers was not fun. The tire liners made a HUGE difference. Good Luck!

Comment

Anybody else doing the 2/19 muzzleloader hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just got my email today for the 12/4 hunt. Will be hunting solo, happy to help anyone if they are successful!

Comment

Mr Tuffy

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Unit 1 is less thorney. Slime and liner should be fine.

Comment

I only ever slimed my bike tires with no problem but honestly I would only use the bike a couple of times the weeks I hunted out there. I found it easier to walk in. I also stayed out all day so no multiple trips in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Green feathers View Post
                            Well my trip is not going well. Scouting day i haul my tripod seat out to my spot in 8. Set it down and decided to scout the area abit before I went back and got the legs for it. By the time I got back to the spot my seat had vanished. So if someone happend to see it and picked it up to keep the abandoned trash of the refuge I'd gladly like to get it back.
                            And today I saw nothing.
                            Someone please help this man find the top of his tripod

Comment

PM me a onx or Google maps pin and I'll look for it.

Comment

I have a hotel room in Port Isabel that is 2 bedroom someone wants to split. It's $308 total for 5 nights, Thur-Mon

Comment

Working...
                                X