Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
    Someone called the feds on my buddies that were duck hunting Because they were mad that their duck blind was set up too close to their pop-up....which was literally on the coast line....
    I felt like calling the federal officers when I was scouting unit 2 last Thursday evening after a couple of guys told me they saw a guy who looked to be hunting already. I just didn’t see him to be able to confirm.

Comment

Spoke to game warden yesterday in the parking lot of unit 1 and he said that the harvest numbers were way down for the weekend. He was asking about some non-hunters in the area as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the non hunters were 2 girls and a guy. They read the rules, the guy went back and got orange. They either was picked up or turned around. I was told they were headed my way. I rode almost to gate and didn't see them.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
          Man I was hoping to see a lot more on that board. I left after first day. News of bucks fighting at deer camp ate me up so I bailed. Saw a deer and nilgai both sits but closest was around 65 yards. Good luck to the next group.
          I was wondering what happened to ya.

Comment

Headed up next week will be there on the 3rd staying at the Adolph park. Hunting solo, if anyone needs help packing one out or gets in a bind feel free to reach out I don't mind helping.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
              Headed up next week will be there on the 3rd staying at the Adolph park. Hunting solo, if anyone needs help packing one out or gets in a bind feel free to reach out I don't mind helping.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
              i'm solo as well. feel free to reach out

Comment

What was final count from the hunt? Should have been good yesterday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Green feathers View Post
                  What was final count from the hunt? Should have been good yesterday evening.
                  When I left at 10am, I didn't see a single other vehicle in the main refuge. Only 3 or 4 trucks were at unit #1. Overall, everyone I talked to was very disappointed at the lack of game sightings. I didn't see any scrapes until the last day. Hopefully, they will be moving for the next group. Seemed like they were holding up alot closer to the main road than expected. We spent the first couple days riding into unit 3 and then realized there were more animals being seen in 8 close to the roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
                    I felt like calling the federal officers when I was scouting unit 2 last Thursday evening after a couple of guys told me they saw a guy who looked to be hunting already. I just didn’t see him to be able to confirm.

We saw this guy. At 5pm on Thursday he was walking the brush in full camo with an arrow knocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like they will be getting some rain to muddy things up before our hunt next week, but those daytime/nighttime temps look amazing. Will be nice to not be pouring sweat out just standing still down there!

Comment

Comment

Hunted the 11/13-17 hunt, all in unit 1, I'm fairly new at this, was set up wrong. Saw a big cow and a big hog, the cow running and out of range, the big hog closer to a big gator than to me, no chance of winning that fight so I passed on the shot. Did see this ocelot, though, so a very cool thing during a hunt during which the temperature was WAY TOO HIGH for animals to be moving around.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ppeeks59.

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
                            Hunted the 11/13-17 hunt, all in unit 1, I'm fairly new at this, was set up wrong. Saw a big cow and a big hog, the cow running and out of range, the big hog closer to a big gator than to me, no chance of winning that fight so I passed on the shot. Did see this ocelot, though, so a very cool thing during a hunt during which the temperature was WAY TOO HIGH for animals to be moving around.

https://imgur.com/u2UhsjP

Looks like a bobcat to me.

Comment

Definitely a bobcat.

Even though the refuge makes it sound like it is loaded with ocelots, it is super rare to see them. They live in very specific locations and are primarily seen at night. I think we see a lot of bobcats that can have a more distinct circular pattern causing the confusion every year.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                                Looks like a bobcat to me.
                                Sure, you can argue with the USFWS biologist who confirmed the ID. Long tail, distinctive and characteristic white marks on back of ears (not visible in this photo). My word of advice to you: don't enter a bobcat vs. ocelot ID contest. And, don't shoot a cat thinking it is a bobcat unless you want your own striped clothing holiday and ginormous fine, courtesy of The Man.

Comment

Working...
                                X