Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
      Couple of mature bucks
      Shoot yea! Nice way to get started T.C.

Comment

HECK YEAH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out to Terrell County lease yesterday to do one last feeder fill and camp check before we go to hunt first week of December. Never seen it that dry. The low spots in the road to the ranch were filled with such a fine silt powder it was like driving through pits of flour. VERY DRY

The good thing is that the deer are hammering the feeders. Should make for a good year to see some numbers each sit.

A lot of illegal traffic on the place. Had a group open 2 of the windows to my box blind from the outside (the door stays locked). Guess they sent a small one in to look for food or water. Just knocked the stuff off my shooting bench, but didn’t take or break anything so I appreciate that. Going to leave a case of water by the stand from now on. We do that at the camp and the use it and even clean up. Beats breaking the windows to the camphouse to try and get in.

Excited for Terrell Co 2020!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            Went out to Terrell County lease yesterday to do one last feeder fill and camp check before we go to hunt first week of December. Never seen it that dry. The low spots in the road to the ranch were filled with such a fine silt powder it was like driving through pits of flour. VERY DRY

The good thing is that the deer are hammering the feeders. Should make for a good year to see some numbers each sit.

A lot of illegal traffic on the place. Had a group open 2 of the windows to my box blind from the outside (the door stays locked). Guess they sent a small one in to look for food or water. Just knocked the stuff off my shooting bench, but didn’t take or break anything so I appreciate that. Going to leave a case of water by the stand from now on. We do that at the camp and the use it and even clean up. Beats breaking the windows to the camphouse to try and get in.

Excited for Terrell Co 2020!

We had the same observations when we were out there opening weekend. Got pics of a couple of illegals getting corn out of a feeder. They also broke into the house. They didn't take anything, but some food. They even left us a note telling us they didn't steal anything but food and they were trying to find jobs.

We were supposed to be out there this past weekend, but I came down with Covid so I'm stuck here at home. Definitely going out the first weekend of December.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              We had the same observations when we were out there opening weekend. Got pics of a couple of illegals getting corn out of a feeder. They also broke into the house. They didn't take anything, but some food. They even left us a note telling us they didn't steal anything but food and they were trying to find jobs.

We were supposed to be out there this past weekend, but I came down with Covid so I'm stuck here at home. Definitely going out the first weekend of December.

Get well soon brother!

Comment

Went out Friday and returned Sunday afternoon. Lots of deer, especially yearling and two year olds. A few fawns which is a product of a dry summer. No rutting activity and most bucks were still in bachelor groups. Bear had wrecked a feeder. About 30 wild goats and three fine wool ewes, one javelina and a few blue quail. Extremely dry and dusty. Antler growth is below average, body condition is average as there was a pretty good mast crop on shinery and blue oaks.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  Went out Friday and returned Sunday afternoon. Lots of deer, especially yearling and two year olds. A few fawns which is a product of a dry summer. No rutting activity and most bucks were still in bachelor groups. Bear had wrecked a feeder. About 30 wild goats and three fine wool ewes, one javelina and a few blue quail. Extremely dry and dusty. Antler growth is below average, body condition is average as there was a pretty good mast crop on shinery and blue oaks.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  I'd have killed the crap outta those goats. Darn things will bang on a feeder until it's empty or at least hang around eating everything on the ground. I know ya'll aren't hunting feeders but still. Biologist told one of the guys on our lease to quit killing those sheep and goats because they are easier for the lions to catch than a deer, but the lions haven't put a dent in ours so I'm calling BS. If I see any more large herds of goats or sheep, it's game on.
                  Last edited by SabreKiller; 11-24-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Good luck to yall, headed out Thursday for 2 weeks.

Comment

Good luck, Terrell County. Should begin seeing a little rutting activity beginning next week. Hopefully some of the older gentlemen will start moving more.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Hopefully the temps begin to drop the next week.

Comment

I am going out Thursday or Friday. I am betting that some older bucks will make an appearance along the canyon floor where doe populations are higher.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

The Rut is starting. Seen signs of pre rut activity. This weekend should be magical!

Comment

Headed out Friday myself. I'm looking forward to this weekend for sure!

Comment

Us too! We will hunt Fri-Monday. Should be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X