Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Learjet View Post
    Came back today.
    City ordnance in eagle pass is to be wearing a mask, cop honked at buddy when he got out of truck at strips.
    conversion rate is around 23:1, I’d make sure you don’t get screwed at feed store, I think we did this time.
    Most of our ranch was real green, south side not.
    We killed 2 rattle bugs.
    One protein feeder fell over and another a deer knocked the motor we had mounted off, everything ate good there.
    2 other timed protein feeders were clogged up. Protein was hot as **** 100-120 degrees and humid when we put it out last month, I bet sweated like crazy In that beer can. Santa Maria lovin I guess. Time before last my gravity 2000# was clogged, seemed like the pellets were turning to powder and didn’t have the shinny glaze it normally had. All this stuff was medicated, may have cause the problem not sure.

We got 3 stands moved

Sounds like cowboy that stole a gun earlier in season actually shot at least 5 deer, really ****** about that. He shot a 13 point 155-158” 4 year old off my feeder. 11 pointer that a hunter shot and lost he took to his House. A very heavy 8, which is probably from another of my stands 150”+. The other 2 are a 6 and smaller 10. I haven’t seen the 6, 8, or 10 yet. Kinda took the wind out of sail, pretty committed at this point this season. No telling how much damage was done though.

I’m glad owner came clean, I know that wasn’t easy

That last paragraph was rough to read, unfortunately happens a lot, owners can’t be worse than them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Came back today.
      City ordnance in eagle pass is to be wearing a mask, cop honked at buddy when he got out of truck at strips.
      conversion rate is around 23:1, I’d make sure you don’t get screwed at feed store, I think we did this time.
      We killed 2 rattle bugs.
      One protein feeder fell over and another a deer knocked the motor we had mounted off, everything ate good there.
      2 other timed protein feeders were clogged up. Protein was hot as **** 100-120 degrees and humid when we put it out last month, I bet sweated like crazy In that beer can. Santa Maria lovin I guess. Time before last my gravity 2000# was clogged, seemed like the pellets were turning to powder and didn’t have the shinny glaze it normally had. All this stuff was medicated, may have cause the problem not sure.

We got 3 stands moved

Sounds like cowboy that stole a gun earlier in season actually shot at least 5 deer, really ****** about that. He shot a 13 point 155-158” 4 year old off my feeder. 11 pointer that a hunter shot and lost he took to his House. A very heavy 8, which is probably from another of my stands 150”+. The other 2 are a 6 and smaller 10. I haven’t seen the 6, 8, or 10 yet. Kinda took the wind out of sail, pretty committed at this point this season. No telling how much damage was done though.

I’m going to miss hunting with you guys next season, but very glad I moved on from that **** show!! I was really hoping that my gun being stolen was the last of the nightmare, but it keeps on going. I really hope my dad gets his deer back, so we can at least have some kind of silver lining!

Comment

Came back today.
        We killed 2 rattle bugs.

We got 3 stands moved

Dang, lots of crazy stuff going on inside the big orange gate this past season.

Comment

Who on here feeds Lyssy Eckel feed? Do you buy it in piedras and how much is it per ton? I'm having the same problem with SM 20% protein feed turning into powder.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
            Who on here feeds Lyssy Eckel feed? Do you buy it in piedras and how much is it per ton? I'm having the same problem with SM 20% protein feed turning into powder.
            We feed it, 550 a ton. Absolutely zero clogging issues. Buy it out of Nuevo Laredo.

Comment

We crossed yesterday in Columbia with no issues. Ranch looked great and ponds had water! Group saw 4 large rattlesnakes over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jlopez View Post
                We crossed yesterday in Columbia with no issues. Ranch looked great and ponds had water! Group saw 4 large rattlesnakes over the weekend.
                That’s great news. Glad y’all finally got some rain. Good luck this year.

Comment

Thanks Darren. Same to you!

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                  That’s great news. Glad y’all finally got some rain. Good luck this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post

They are aware of it. Stand up folks. I’d imagine if you communicate it to them, they will make it right. All I feed is SM. Haven’t had any issues but I also keep it as fresh as possible. We don’t buy more than we feed in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                      They are aware of it. Stand up folks. I’d imagine if you communicate it to them, they will make it right. All I feed is SM. Haven’t had any issues but I also keep it as fresh as possible. We don’t buy more than we feed in a month.
                      I did contact SM feed and they told me that they would give me new batch of protein if I brought the old stuff back. They did tell me that the cooler wasn't working and there electricity was out. Some of the guys that I helped put protein out, when they picked it up it was still hot. And this last weekend we picked it up and the bags where warm not hot. I picked up a batch a couple moths ago and you had to brake up clumps in the bags. I feel like SM will get this problem corrected. It just sucks going to the lease and have feeders clogged up and you have to empty the into bags.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                        Our feed from SM was fresh. We buy it every trip on the way to the ranch. We talked with Ruben. I think it was still hot from the oven. The cooker was not working properly. I have two electric protein feeders running over there. Had to empty both, rebag it. We put it in a free choice feeder. Dean, which SM feed are you currently feeding? Not only were both my feeders clogged, I had passed up a 23 inch 11 point several times. He was too young to shoot. The cowboy had his horns at his house! Other deer off our ranch too. I’ve hunted for over forty years. Seeing those horns was the most disappointing thing that’s ever happened to me on a lease. I’m really bummed about that. I have spent way too much time and money for this to happen. I wonder how much damage he has done to our herd? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by VetteRprMan View Post
                          Our feed from SM was fresh. We buy it every trip on the way to the ranch. We talked with Ruben. I think it was still hot from the oven. The cooker was not working properly. I have two electric protein feeders running over there. Had to empty both, rebag it. We put it in a free choice feeder. Dean, which SM feed are you currently feeding? Not only were both my feeders clogged, I had passed up a 23 inch 11 point several times. He was too young to shoot. The cowboy had his horns at his house! Other deer off our ranch too. I’ve hunted for over forty years. Seeing those horns was the most disappointing thing that’s ever happened to me on a lease. I’m really bummed about that. I have spent way too much time and money for this to happen. I wonder how much damage he has done to our herd? Time will tell.

I feed 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by VetteRprMan View Post
                            It be hard for me to stay on a place where the cowboys are shooting the deer you're paying for and feeding. Hopefully the owner is giving you a discount this year? or something?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              It be hard for me to stay on a place where the cowboys are shooting the deer you're paying for and feeding. Hopefully the owner is giving you a discount this year? or something?

It better be for free

Comment

Word from this morning is that Mayor of Piedras passed an ordinance limiting number of people in a vehicle to 1 with checkpoints to be established around town. I have someone investigating and will report.

Comment

Working...
                                X