Shortage of DEF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Do semis use DEF? Sorry I’m ignorant to what sorts of regs there are on tractor/trailer Diesel engines. But if they do, and there’s no DEF, then there will be a shortage of everything
    All out fire trucks use it
    These liberals might have to wait until we get our horses and buggies hooked up before we can come help

Comment

Here’s a video that explains the upcoming shortage, and this video was put out just a few hours ago.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz04m2k3CSM"]Def Fluid & Fertilizer Shortage As Countries Stop Urea Exports (Hotshot Trucking Will Suffer) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Hoarders will get bit on this one, there is a shelf life for DEF
        This! I have a good friend in the business and he always told me make sure you buy your DEF from a place that has a high turnover rate. And don't buy more than you need. That aged stuff crystalizes and will screw up your system.

Comment

Guberment thinking:

Fossil fuel is bad… use this and you will burn 1/3 to 1/2 more… but it’s not in black smoke form so it saves the planet forever

We spend extra to have clear pollution and China is burning tires to make your nikes… BUT luckily that pollution in the air stays over there

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            This! I have a good friend in the business and he always told me make sure you buy your DEF from a place that has a high turnover rate. And don't buy more than you need. That aged stuff crystalizes and will screw up your system.
            All the DEF Ive used, the spillage and remenants in the corrugated tube, has turned to crystals within several minutes of hitting air. Imagine what happens in the DEF tank and fill tube as its being transferred and exposed to air…with a fresh batch…crystallization. Im going to check my stashed jugs, only two, for expiration dates. The jugs Ive been sitting on for a couple months are still liquid, still clear and not crystallized. Ill continue to use one jug at a time with several in reserve.

Anyone remember the gas shortage on a Thursday last year.

I believe leftist Marxist revolutionists are infecting this inflammatory information… into conservative public… same as Thursday, last year.

Light the match and watch them burn themselves….said some Marxist.

Dont be sheeple.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-26-2022, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Pilot CEO speaking on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                A guy that worked for me dang near destroyed a Duramax trying this
                LMAO!!!!!
                Somebody please take that boys keys away from him.. He has no business driving..

Comment

Another way to drive up inflation! Good times ahead of us!

Comment

Fjb

Comment

No surprise, since DEF is made from urea, and guess where much of the world's urea supply comes from. Same issue with fertilizer. FJB will blame it on Russia.

Comment

So where does Union Pacific fit into this equation and why would they be limiting Flying J on its shipments of DEF?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          So where does Union Pacific fit into this equation and why would they be limiting Flying J on its shipments of DEF?

https://youtu.be/P7EFCIOwexg

DEF gets transported primarily by railroads, and Union Pacific is having a lot of labor problems due to some poor choices of their leadership. So they are trying to decrease what they are transporting. Unfortunately, Flying J sells a very large amount of DEF and diesel in this country so cutting back on what they sell is only going to hurt our supply chain even more.

Comment

If Id had my tin foil hat on I would say it looks like they are attacking the combustible engine from all fronts....as we go through this "Transition Phase" here in the U.S. per Bidens comments earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              If Id had my tin foil hat on I would say it looks like they are attacking the combustible engine from all fronts....as we go through this "Transition Phase" here in the U.S. per Bidens comments earlier this week.
                              and when it sinks in, will even be able to sell your internal combustion engine vehicle????

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                                That is not the case here.
                                I dont think it was the case with toilet paper a couple years ago but it happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X