No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody fishing the Freeze Out today and tomorrow in POC?

Good luck to all.

Comment

Those guys that fish that freeze out have a screen loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely some tough conditions to start the morning off.

Comment

A few of us hearty souls will be there. The voices in my head don't stop for weather haha.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
            Anybody fishing the Freeze Out today and tomorrow in POC?

Good luck to all.
            I assume that's a tourny? I can't even go down in the middle of winter and avoid a tourny? LOL... Heading down tomorrow to check on camp and run out all the hibernating snakes and skunks after deer season, hope camp's still there.

Comment

I didn't know y'all were talking about a tournament. I'm just going fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                I didn't know y'all were talking about a tournament. I'm just going fishing.

Every year they have the freeze out tournament in POC.

The saltwater legends is in matagorda in February. I’d steer clear of that weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Every year they have the freeze out tournament in POC.

The saltwater legends is in matagorda in February. I’d steer clear of that weekend too.

They can have them both

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    They can have them both

Yup. If I’m fishing this time of year the boat doesn’t go in the water till 9am at the earliest.

Comment

I'm with y'all. I have zero interest in fishing tournaments. When even a little money's involved somebody's going to cheat. No thanks.

Comment

I'm with y'all. I have zero interest in fishing tournaments. When even a little money's involved somebody's going to cheat. No thanks.
                        ...and everybody loses their manners.

Comment

Didn't get out, had to stay home with a sick wife. Painted lures instead. Hope somebody got em.

Comment

Didn't get out, had to stay home with a sick wife. Painted lures instead. Hope somebody got em.
                            I picked up a last minute afternoon trip today. I had some duck hunters call who wanted to fish this afternoon after their hunt and we made a quick trip. We drifted shell with gulps under corks and wore the redfish smooth out. They limited quick and caught and released a bunch of fish after that. It was real good. The guys I talked to who fished this morning said the bite was slow all morning but they caught a few fish mid-day. We left the dock at 2 and from 3-4:30 it was pretty much non-stop redfish action. Then we left the reds to go find trout and pretty much struck out on trout, caught 2. Reds were caught over shell in 4' of water. Water temp was 52 degrees and we had a good incoming tide and the water was green with sandy streaks. Pretty good afternoon.

Comment

Thanks Glen for the report

Took the kid down the street from me in Sargent kayak fishing today. He's a great kid, polite, well mannered and a joy to be with. I've been making him lures for awile, he's ate up with fishing. Now he's got bragging rights forever. Made my day.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Kevin !! Congratulations to the young man!

Comment

Working...
                                X