• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	EEDC3470-773C-41CB-AE57-FF9EC80ADE43.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	24674566[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Been working them over pretty well here in the laguna.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes you are. Nice work.

Comment

Finally bought a skinny water boat. Went in halvsies with a friend. Its a solid boat with lots of upgrades. The engine is on the older side but has been well maintained. New lower unit. Extended deck, new upholstery, I-pilot trolling motor, Lowrence nav with large screen. it's a 2002 Bay Sport 19'. Looking forward to a trip soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b1.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	24674689

Click image for larger version

Name:	b2.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	24674690

Comment

Good looking boat Chris!

Comment

I had a 19' Shoalwater like that and a 22' Shoalwater tunnel v for a long time. They were good boats and were pretty versatile. My advice is take it slow learning that hull. The stories about them swapping ends are very true. When you go to make a hard turn be sure you trim it way down, slow down and get the hull down in the water good before you start your turn. You want the bow in contact with the water before you start a hard turn.

Comment

Glenn beat me to it, the a** end will jump around on that rig real quick & throw everyone in the water. Be sure to run with jack plate lowered at higher speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                Finally bought a skinny water boat. Went in halvsies with a friend. Its a solid boat with lots of upgrades. The engine is on the older side but has been well maintained. New lower unit. Extended deck, new upholstery, I-pilot trolling motor, Lowrence nav with large screen. it's a 2002 Bay Sport 19'. Looking forward to a trip soon.

[ATTACH]1078574[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1078575[/ATTACH]

Congrats on the boat.

Be careful turning so it doesn’t swap ends.

I may be wrong, but that might be a ficht outboard so keep a close eye on it they have been known to have problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Congrats on the boat.

Be careful turning so it doesn’t swap ends.

I may be wrong, but that might be a ficht outboard so keep a close eye on it they have been known to have problems.

If it's carburated it's not a ficht. A ficht motor will also have F as the first letter in the model number. The problems with the ficht were only with the v6 version but hardly anybody will work on any ficht motor anymore.
                  Last edited by Walker; 01-26-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    If it's carburated it's not a ficht. A ficht motor will also have F as the first letter in the model number. The problems with the ficht were only with the version but hardly anybody will work on any ficht motor anymore.

Thanks. I just want him to know. There is nothing more frustrating than a broke down boat motor.

Comment

Good looking boat. That should get em.

Comment

Thanks. I just want him to know. There is nothing more frustrating than a broke down boat motor.

It's not a ficht, wrong cowling. Plus it was the late 90's models that were the problem motors. Like 98-99 and mainly the 175 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          It's not a ficht, wrong cowling.

That’s a blessing.

Comment

That’s a blessing.

I'd look at it like this, if it was a ficht it has survived 20 years so it probably didn't have a problem. But then... it's a 20 year old outboard and any 20 year old outboard is living on borrowed time. Get all the good out of it you can and be ready to repower when needed.

Comment

It looks like the temporary trout limit from FM 457 in Sargent south passed. No implementation date mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                It looks like the temporary trout limit from FM 457 in Sargent south passed. No implementation date mentioned.
                                No surprise there.

Comment

Working...
                                X