Mississippi Barndo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates for this week

Folks I have gotten a few afternoons to work and have been staying at the place so I can work till 10:30 or so each night, here are a few updates:

1) Got the bathroom faucets in
    2) Mini-splits installed (I can't believe how well these units cool, and are so quite
    3) built upstairs closet doors, as they were an odd size and would require me to cut a regular door way down
    4)Got the metal trusses all boxed in
    5)Base boards are going down about 75% complete
    6) granite guys showed up to install the remnant I purchased and under-mount my sinks
    Attached Files

Comment

Darn that’s beautiful

Comment

wow AMAZING!

Comment

Originally posted by Thainixs View Post
          Stringer, MS just east of Taylorsville about 20 miles.

Cool deal. Some of my old stomping grounds. Place is coming along nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great build and you are on the home stretch now......

Rwc

Comment

Really impressive work. The pine ceiling looks amazing and really like the plumbing system setup.

Comment

Mini splits are the way of the future... zoned climate control and way more energy efficient.... I'm diggin the progress

Comment

Strong work sir. Love the ceiling!

Comment

Originally posted by Thainixs View Post
                    A/C's are on site. I went with two mini-splits (One in main living area, and one in the master suite). Then just A/C & Heater window units in the two kids bedrooms.

I did get a quote on a traditional system, but it was too spendy for me. The mini splits and window units will cost approximately 37% of my quoted traditional HVAC cost. I will have 52,000 btu's of air conditioning capacity or 4.3 tons. I am guessing this A/C package will freeze us out of this place, combined with the R23 insulation system. In Mississippi heating concerns are much much much less than cooling, but it should be more than adequate.
                    Just curious why you chose the MRCOOL. I will be renovating a house soon and it will need a new a/c system. I'm definitely considering the mini splits but there are a lot of them out there to choose from. Was MRCOOL recommended to you or did you research it yourself? How easy was the install? Thanks.

Comment

Mr Cool was Lowe’s brand and I got like a 19% discount from Lowe’s through Pro Services. They were the cheapest units I could find with good ratings and reviews.

Comment

Everything is looking great on your new home. I had radiant barrier in my last home you will like the results I am sure. Nice work using the rough cut lumber and also wrapping the beams!

Comment

how easy and how well do the MR cool mini splits work?

Comment

I had it set on 73 all weekend, and I was very comfortable throughout the entire house. I use the auto fan setting, and they didn't even run all that often. This is with one 2 ton unit and with one 1 ton unit on. They are so quite that you can hardly hear them running at all. My quotes for a traditional unit ranged from $6700 - $8000, but I put these mini-splits in and two additional small window units (kids bedrooms) for less than $3500.

I know an ultra energy efficient builder in Arizona that only does min-splits, and he has built several zero energy usage homes.

Comment

Labor day weekend updates

All,

Spent all day Saturday and Sunday working on "The Barn", as that is what we have decided to call the place.

All my ceilings are coated with satin clear poly acrylic (done!)

My faux beams (boxed in my metal trusses) are stained. Turned out a little darker than I wanted.......man it is hard to predict what a stain on a jar / picture will look like in an actual rough cut board.

Wife did lots of painting while I was on the ladders and scaffolding working on the ceiling / beams.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great so far. Following.

Comment

Working...
                                X