Life360 App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
    I have no desire to track my kids every movement or to see what their average speed was as they drove up to HEB.
    I'm 36 and my mother gave me grief about how fast I was driving to their house for Sunday lunch. I responded by asking why her phone is at 5% battery at 9am. "Are you forgetful? Is it time to get checked in at Shady Pines?"

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
      Pretty close.
      I grew up in Geneva, NE, population 2,400, and there was no getting away with anything. Mom always knew where I had been and what had been done before I got home.

I called it the Mom network.
      x2

We also didn't have social media. Kids these days tell on themselves more than they actually get caught. I've seen some IG posts like "Hey, look at my pot plants I have in the closet. #baked". We knew when to STHU. Which was always.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Pretty close.
          I grew up in Geneva, NE, population 2,400, and there was no getting away with anything. Mom always knew where I had been and what had been done before I got home.

I called it the Mom network.
          small world! used to race at the moto-x-track at geneva

Comment

We use it with two teenagers in the house. I don't look at it as creeping on them, but more of a safety feature. All out locations are on, so they can also see where we are. It keeps them from sending all those "where are you" texts when they get home and we aren't there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. Have for quite some time. We love it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                Personally this is not how i would raise my children, thank God there grown. Who wants to track their kid's like some **** dog with a gps.
                Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                This. No thanks, I have explained to my teens that trust is earned and that I don't intend to hover over them like a helicopter. If they tell me they are going to do something, go somewhere, be home by whatever time, that's what I expect. Defy that trust, and there will be consequences. I have no desire to track my kids every movement or to see what their average speed was as they drove up to HEB.
                That's pretty broad castigation from those who have either never had teenage societal-related problems with their children. I don't think anyone wants to track them like some **** dog, but for a few it is a temporary necessity. For others, the peace of mind about knowing when/where/who is worth the cost of the app...at the expense of offending those that think it unnecessary or "creeping".

Comment

We use it with our two kids. One is driving the other will be next year. We use it more for ease of mind when he's going or coming from somewhere. The alert tells us he arrived and that lets me relax knowing he got there safely.

Comment

My wife uses to make sure our teenage daughter arrives & leaves her location as planned.
                    OP I’m impressed that dude takes down scorpions

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                      small world! used to race at the moto-x-track at geneva
                      Small world indeed! Was that at the fair grounds?
                      My family moved away in 1985 - right after my sophomore year.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        My wife uses to make sure our teenage daughter arrives & leaves her location as planned.
                        OP I’m impressed that dude takes down scorpions
                        yeah... he's not all there

One morning while I was making coffee I noticed him pawing at something at the base of the kitchen counters. Didn't think anything of it initially. Then I noticed him jump back and then 2 seconds later he dove right back in face first. I got his attention finally and he turned to look at me with just the scorpion tail sticking out of his mouth. He then proceeded to eat the rest of that scorpion too.

He is an awesome dog and great companion for the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          That's pretty broad castigation from those who have either never had teenage societal-related problems with their children. I don't think anyone wants to track them like some **** dog, but for a few it is a temporary necessity. For others, the peace of mind about knowing when/where/who is worth the cost of the app...at the expense of offending those that think it unnecessary or "creeping".
                          I can't say I agree or disagree with you, never had teenagers. However, my concern is how secure is this app? What happens when a crazy person figures out how to hack it? What happens when some random person can track down your kids as he/she see's fit? Can the police access it?

Again, I don't have a teenager, but I am far more concerned about privacy than I am if a teenager goes out to have a good time, which is all part of normal growing up and development, as many others alluded to above.

Comment

My ex-wife is big brother with the app.
                            If there’s is an issue, she will let me know. I figure kids are smart enough to work around the app anyway. There are always apps to outsmart other apps. If nothing else, computer programmers are a very competitive lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

we use google family link to control usage and see location, but it doesnt have the driving stuff that life360 does, i will switch once he gets old enough to drive.

Comment

Small world indeed! Was that at the fair grounds?
                                My family moved away in 1985 - right after my sophomore year.
                                would have been between @1976&1978. there was a huge hill on the track,very scary to go down fast ,about 3 or 4 stories high! graduated frm central high in omaha 1981

Comment

Working...
                                X