Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newton county

Polk county

They have really started hitting the feeders hard in the last 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
      Probably dont even have 11 bucks on my whole lease. Lol
      I had 31 deer on cam October 2018. 23 were bucks ranging from Nubbins to 5 yr old. Buck to doe ratio wasn't good so needed some taken but I didn't want to lose all of my mature deer. Major crossing on the highway and rut was the cause for many being hit.

My FIL killed a buck 2 properties over, I killed a 5.5 yr old, neighbors killed 1 buck and highway took 11 that I know of. Still have 4 on cam and normally have 2-3 show up mid summer. I did see a 140"s 1200 yds behind my place on a county road and really hope he wonders over before season. This was just a couple months ago. Anything can happen and if nothing mature is around I have animals lined up elsewhere to fill the freezer.

Comment

We passed a rediculous amount of 4 and 5 year olds last year. We never scored on our top 2.. I think Fiddy is still alive and will be 9.5 this year. Kicker3 dropped off the earth and im almost positive he is dead but he would be 9.5 also.

Im really looking forward to a couple that we walked last year.

Comment

With this thread starting early I wont even be even to see it in the stand come opening day

We filled a couple feeders last weekend. Failed to remember protein. The woods are once wet again so its all very GREEN. Only one buck was taken off our place last year and Im sure I found sheds of the deer my dad missed and my wife shot over. "Lucky" as we've been calling him is about the only deer Im interested to see again in 2019

One of his lucky moments
          Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-01-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping to hunt this year.. I'm gonna be in Colorado for the month of sept.. there is talk of moving our 90 day turnaround to October.. if that happens I'll miss all of deer season as well as the flounder run..

Comment

If the Trinity will stay in its banks, I'll give 'er another shot, but once late November thru end of December gets here, it's South Texas for me this year... That place is MLD now so I'll use my tags in East Texas if I get the chance... Could shoot deer behind the house, but just don't have the heart...

Comment

I keep my feeders running all year to lure deer to my property. Need to pull my camera cards to see who survived.

Comment

This gal is going to pop any day now!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm, in one from last year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in. Hopefully I have some bucks like last year. It was a heck of a year that I doubt will be topped. Can't wait till season!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        I'm, in one from last year

...so bro, what is that blood doin' "back there"? You shoot the wrong end?

Comment

Favorite thread of the year. Have to get my feeders going soon.

Comment

I’m ready to plant as soon as rain lets up. The one I’ve named “Wonder bra” made it through the season. (As he honestly needed too.... but honestly I wouldn’t pass him either). I just happened to drive right up on his right side shed checking fence last week. A mile away on a different property (I own this one). Never seen him there before. So the quest continues as well as scouting for Lola another buck. Seen one buck bedded this morning and have several doe that look like they swallowed a barrel whole

I don’t want to reveal wonder bra until I know he’s dead. Weather by my hands or another I know is hunting him. He is worthy, I promise

Comment

Still waiting for a dry spell to get some things done on one of my properties [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                ...so bro, what is that blood doin' "back there"? You shoot the wrong end?
                                Quartering well.[emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X