Paper Tuning Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Tuning Issue

I had a QAD failure and sent it back for repair. In the meantime we put a Whisker Bisquit on my bow. Hubby paper tuned it....bullet holes . When the QAD came back he put it back on my bow and paper tuned it again....3/8" right tear. No matter what he did he still got the right tear. Took the QAD off my back-up bow, same result, right tear. Could not get it to tune no matter what. Took the QAD off his bow, put it on mine, same thing again . Tried a Rip Cord and got the same exact tear yet again. Four different drop aways.... four 3/8" right tears. Put the Whisker Bisquit back on....bullet holes. What are we missing ?????

Are you shooting bare shaft or fletched arrows?

Comment

Both with the same result.

Comment

I would go to a bow shop. Sounds like the power stroke needs set. (Yoke tuning or shimming) whisker May have straighten the arrows out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
          I had a QAD failure and sent it back for repair. In the meantime we put a Whisker Bisquit on my bow. Hubby paper tuned it....bullet holes . When the QAD came back he put it back on my bow and paper tuned it again....3/8" right tear. No matter what he did he still got the right tear. Took the QAD off my back-up bow, same result, right tear. Could not get it to tune no matter what. Took the QAD off his bow, put it on mine, same thing again . Tried a Rip Cord and got the same exact tear yet again. Four different drop aways.... four 3/8" right tears. Put the Whisker Bisquit back on....bullet holes. What are we missing ?????
          Sounds like you need to shoot the Whisker Biscuit

Comment

Ms. Ellen. I’m a huge fan of the WB for hunting, but when tuning a bow with a split harness of any type, it can lie to you. I tune all bows with a QAD, and then put the biscuit on it. Sounds like you have a harness issue, or if your bow is one of the newer Mathews, the top hats need changing. Let us know what bow you’re shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              Ms. Ellen. I’m a huge fan of the WB for hunting, but when tuning a bow with a split harness of any type, it can lie to you. I tune all bows with a QAD, and then put the biscuit on it. Sounds like you have a harness issue, or if your bow is one of the newer Mathews, the top hats need changing. Let us know what bow you’re shooting.
              hey Rocky.

how have you been. I hope all is good for you and family.

Comment

Thanks for responding guys. I am shooting a 2014 Obsession Sniper GT. I like the WB okay but, I prefer the QAD.
                Hubby got me all fixed up, tuned perfectly and shooting bullet holes again . He made new Delrin shims that moved the cams to the right .020 and they helped but, still not perfect. So he made a second set that moved the cams over another .020 (total of .040) and that did it..... perfect .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
                  Thanks for responding guys. I am shooting a 2014 Obsession Sniper GT. I like the WB okay but, I prefer the QAD.
                  Hubby got me all fixed up, tuned perfectly and shooting bullet holes again . He made new Delrin shims that moved the cams to the right .020 and they helped but, still not perfect. So he made a second set that moved the cams over another .020 (total of .040) and that did it..... perfect .
                  that will do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X