tactical vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tactical vest

What do you guys have ready for if the SHTF? Something with pockets for essentials. Thanks

As far as a vest standpoint it really depends on what you mean by essentials. The Haley micro chest rig is a great setup that will be light and keep you mobile. If you want a plate carrier the Spiritus LV119 is top of the civilian market now. But to better answer your question I’ll have to know what kind of essentials you’re thinking of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Condor

Comment

Keep it light and easily maneuverable. I don’t understand all the bulk and getting hung up on all kinds of stuff. Plus several places for rifle/pistol mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
          Keep it light and easily maneuverable. I don’t understand all the bulk and getting hung up on all kinds of stuff. Plus several places for rifle/pistol mags.

My bulk comes from not only having things to make holes, but also patch holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
            My bulk comes from not only having things to make holes, but also patch holes.

Haha those are essentials. I’ve had guys when I was KPD swat thought the more stuff the cooler they were. Also seen tons of patrol guys have that opinion too. Cuffs, mags, first aide; everything is extra and can be dealt with later in my experience. I’ve been on a 16 hour callout and dudes were beat. Granted nothing like the military guys, but even they keep them moderate if possible.

Comment

SOE cop rig
              SOE shotgun rig
              Basically just get SOE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Vest several years ago (never wore one in my old LEO days) and found it to be a pain in the A** regarding fit, adjustment, etc. Biggest problem is I'm a big man and as the years progress I've gotten older and fatter. So, it sits in the "tac room" and if the time comes I really need one I've got a simple, bird vest with the "shell pockets" that can hold a LOT of magazines, flash light, etc. Just put it on and zip up the front and away I go, lol!

Yeah, it ain't sexy and don't look cool but it works for me?

Comment

Zac just described what I'm looking for. Pockets for gun mags and a couple of pouches/pockets for small items.
                  Originally posted by zac221 View Post

Comment

We were issued the Eclipse RBAV when they first released. I'm a firm believer in fast and light.

So start with a quality plate carrier and ONLY add what you need..

Comment

Working...
                    X