No announcement yet.

YouTube mechanic videos to the rescue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last time I used YouTube for a mechanical fix was when I replaced a water pump on a 1979 23 hp Kubota tractor. That little tractor is bullet proof.

Comment

I go back to youtube each and every time I need to use my multimeter for anything more complicated than battery test. Don't think I'll ever remember all the little symbols, what plug the wires go in for certain tests, etc.

Comment

YouTube rocks. It has helped me work up the courage to make a couple of different repairs to my washer and dryer.
        The best trick I learned was fixing a dishwasher that made a horrible growling sound when it ran. I searched the problem and found a solution that was to put a cable tie on a part. The fix was so simple I almost didn't try it. As far as, I know the cable tie is still keeping the dishwasher quiet. That was about 8 years ago.

Comment

I used it to fix a Henway (deluxe model) and was able to buy 55 gallons of fluid for it on a YouTube Chanel called "KCA Ranch". The Henway was only 47.50 and KCA sold me the fluid (that looks, tastes, and smells just like water) for 799.90 plus shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
            YouTube rocks. It has helped me work up the courage to make a couple of different repairs to my washer and dryer.
            The best trick I learned was fixing a dishwasher that made a horrible growling sound when it ran. I searched the problem and found a solution that was to put a cable tie on a part. The fix was so simple I almost didn't try it. As far as, I know the cable tie is still keeping the dishwasher quiet. That was about 8 years ago.
            It can make you look like a genius to the wife...another benefit.

Comment

Countless examples here. Saved me many thousands over the years.
              If I had to pick a recent example it would be the clock spring diagnosis and r&r for the Tundra to fix the Cruise control.

Comment

Yes, help me put together a 87 Sami, In an 88 Jeep Wrangler.

Comment

My latest was on my son's 2012 Toyota Tacoma. Replacing the headlamp assemblies with new ones that didn't have cataracts. Getting it out and the new one back in without taking the entire front end apart was like solving a rubik's cube while being a contortionist. Thanks YouTube!

Comment

And another one this morning on an issue I was having with my HVLP spray gun. Just getting the airflow set properly.

Comment

Sometimes, i watch the videos and decide...NOPE...off to the mechanic to fix.

Comment

Just used it this week to change a battery in my wife’s Volkswagen . Dang thing was under the drivers seat . Had a hack where I didn’t have to completely remove the seat .

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Not mechanical but I did learn to grown cucumbers out of a barrel from youtube. Video quality was poor, and I pretty sure the dude in the video was on something.

Was it the same fellow that had a few rabbit videos ? [emoji16]

Comment

Always drove Chevys so I've never had to use youtube to learn how to fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              Always drove Chevys so I've never had to use youtube to learn how to fix anything.
                              Because all of the videos were several hours long and cost extra money to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                                Just used it this week to change a battery in my wife’s Volkswagen . Dang thing was under the drivers seat . Had a hack where I didn’t have to completely remove the seat .
                                Yep...my wife's SUV had the battery in the back and I had no idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X