No announcement yet.

YouTube mechanic videos to the rescue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Tube, Google, and a lot of Coorslight help me build it from the frame up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	69 Chevy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	24625318

Comment

It is amazing isn't it? There seems to be a youtube video for everything, no matter how obscure. I was frustrated trying to do something that seemed simple - replacing the shift knob on a 2005 Honda Accord (son's high school car) I couldn't figure out how to get the shift button to engage. I searched Youtube and the first hit? " Hi, my name is Ernie and today I'm gonna show you how to get the shift button to engage when changing the knob on a 2005 Honda Accord - it's kinda tricky"

Comment

Countless small engines.
        Plumbing
        Saved about $3000 in dealer repairs on my son's truck.
        Love YouTube.

Comment

Squirrel cage broke on the garage AC. Utubed it and it looked easy. Well my son and I took apart the unit and by the time we got it out realized they held it up and built the ac around it. A week later the cage came in and we were almost sure we would never get it back like it was. Watched a couple more videos and assembled the darn thing........

Comment

Put the track back on a skid steer this morning with youtube. Was about 150 yards through thick yaupons. Was able to carry everything that was needed and get it fixed in short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
              Ford F150 window motor in the drivers side door. Made the job a lot easier with youtube video!

Same here but Chevrolet 3500.

I also did all maintenance including impeller off YouTube on my yahmaha motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use it all the time, for mechanical and home repairs
                twin 496 mag ho's in boat, ls engine swap, performance suspension in track car. you name it I googled it

Comment

I've repaired 2 dryers- gas and electric, replaced the pilots on the oven, burner in the hot water heater, a ton of auto repairs including a faulty ecm on my truck, the motherboard on the dishwasher, and last but not least the microwave in my kitchen....pics included....thank god for utube....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Broken sunroof in my 2013 F150. A youtube video complete with a link to $110 part box on ebay and 6 hours in the driveway later...I had saved myself from a $2500 repair at the dealership.

Oh, my 16 year old son helped, and you can't put a value on what he learned!

Comment

Worked at an auto body shop for a few years an older guy I worked with would hate when I showed him a new trick I learned from the you tube. Every chance he got he would tag me in this post on Facebook. You tube saved me quite a bit of time so no shame from me for learning new things. Mainly interior door panels on new year model vehicles always changing them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                        Put the track back on a skid steer this morning with youtube. Was about 150 yards through thick yaupons. Was able to carry everything that was needed and get it fixed in short time.
                        That's awesome right there.

Comment

To many to list. Has definitely saved me a lot of money!

Comment

Sure, use it all the time. How to take apart and clean my reels, shotguns and just about anything else. I normally watch several videos.
                            I have found some were wrong on how to do things, like annealing brass. A guy posted to get it red hot. That isn't correct.

Comment

used YT quite a bit to fix up my '98 ford ranger lease ride....Fuel Pump, Front end (ball joints, camber bolts, etc), AC Blend motor, automatic transfer case, the list goes on.

Comment

Y tube

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                                All the time.

Youtube is probably the handiest website around right now.
                                Gota agree....it helped and saved me countless times

Comment

Working...
                                X