Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew51 View Post
    You are correct, let me amend my statement - Excluding Ferrari - officially 1.78 to 3.67 times what the other teams spend.

Low man - Williams - $132 Mil

MB - $484 Mil
    Last edited by wellingtontx; 07-06-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

So I never was an F1 fan, but the owner of my company decided he wanted to sponsor a few cars. Just so happen to be Hamilton and Bottas, the MB cars I believe. I watched part of the race just to see what all that money was spent on.

Comment

Was they swapping paint across the finish line?

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
          So I never was an F1 fan, but the owner of my company decided he wanted to sponsor a few cars. Just so happen to be Hamilton and Bottas, the MB cars I believe. I watched part of the race just to see what all that money was spent on.
          IWC, MV? I saw Aramco is now a title sponsor also. Lots of money still piling into F1.[emoji964]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            Was they swapping paint across the finish line?
            Hell, if they bump wheels it takes out $1.7 million worth of plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Hell, if they bump wheels it takes out $1.7 million worth of plastic.
              They say it was an exciting finish, I thought maybe they were banging doors across the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                IWC, MV? I saw Aramco is now a title sponsor also. Lots of money still piling into F1.[emoji964]

INEOS. The company owner has invested in F1, a sailboat for the America’s cup, sponsored the runner to break the under 2 hour marathon, and bought the rights to the Range Rover that they just thought they were discontinuing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  They say it was an exciting finish, I thought maybe they were banging doors across the line.
                  You miss the point & didn't watch did you?? I get your razzing but That is what makes open wheel F1 so much better than nascar...you have to pass with finesse at much much greater speeds at any point on the road course which takes infinite more courage than paint swapping or disaster for both cars happens vs taking out a leader. (oh wait never mind, nascar doesn't understand left & right turns)

You simply cannot compare the driving ability needed in F1 vs nc. About the only racing that is more exciting happens on 2 wheels w/ Moto GP & Isle de man tt. It's a shame, but the cream of the crop racing is across the pond & it makes nascar boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                    INEOS. The company owner has invested in F1, a sailboat for the America’s cup, sponsored the runner to break the under 2 hour marathon, and bought the rights to the Range Rover that they just thought they were discontinuing.
                    Oh yea!!!! I saw that super prominent placed on the silver arrows. Yep, he went all in to get that locale.[emoji108]

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      You miss the point & didn't watch did you?? I get your razzing but That is what makes open wheel F1 so much better than nascar...you have to pass with finesse at much much greater speeds at any point on the road course which takes infinite more courage than paint swapping or disaster for both cars happens vs taking out a leader. (oh wait never mind, nascar doesn't understand left & right turns)

You simply cannot compare the driving ability needed in F1 vs nc. About the only racing that is more exciting happens on 2 wheels w/ Moto GP & Isle de man tt. It's a shame, but the cream of the crop racing is across the pond & it makes nascar boring.
                      That Isle race is crazy!!! [emoji2962] I may need to add that to the experience based bucket list of trips.[emoji6]

Comment

Seems like Vettel did what he’s been doing again. I wonder about his decisions this past year and then again this race. He’s not long for this sport. It’s like he is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Politics over winning...the main reason I never watched much F1.
                          are you talking about Hamilton not going out in front to make up lost time? if so if they blow their motor they only have 1 spare I believe, cant afford a catastrophic failure on race 1 of the season ya know? if you were talking about them all kneeling before the race Ham has already come out and said that was not something he encouraged anyone to do. I could care less what they do before the race. everyone has a right to speak their mind even if their message is completely preposterous.

just curious what you meant on the politics over winning comment. there is politics in everything its impossible to avoid these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                            are you talking about Hamilton not going out in front to make up lost time? if so if they blow their motor they only have 1 spare I believe, cant afford a catastrophic failure on race 1 of the season ya know? if you were talking about them all kneeling before the race Ham has already come out and said that was not something he encouraged anyone to do. I could care less what they do before the race. everyone has a right to speak their mind even if their message is completely preposterous.

just curious what you meant on the politics over winning comment. there is politics in everything its impossible to avoid these days.
                            Well, it wasn't about a planted fake noose in a garage...nascar owns racing politics these days. I have a feeling they are going to lose more fans if they just don't get back to racing, which what folks want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post

A lot of people don’t understand the engine restrictions (the number allowed per year) that are in place in F1. You better not blow an engine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                                Seems like Vettel did what he’s been doing again. I wonder about his decisions this past year and then again this race. He’s not long for this sport. It’s like he is scared.
                                He is moody. How he treated LeClerc those first 5 races was embarrassing to the sport and him.

Comment

Working...
                                X