2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    So far. Not daily but every 2-3 days. I'm sure they've got a calendar alert set for Friday before archery opener.
    Lol. Some will slide off but sure hope that one big 8 with the hooked pinchers sticks around for ya.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got the tank blind finished up. Just need to install the deer view’s. Thankfully we got it up the weekend after Laura. The eye missed us about 20 miles to the east and destroyed a good portion of the riverbottom. It’s been an ordeal just getting the roads cleaned up. The amount of giant oak trees we lost is disheartening but there shouldn’t be an acorn within 50 miles of my spot lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only have two decent bucks on camera so far. I will probably let my boy shoot the 8.

This is the second year in a row I haven’t seen many mature bucks.. not sure what’s up.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          So far. Not daily but every 2-3 days. I'm sure they've got a calendar alert set for Friday before archery opener.
          But chew not everyone is able to hunt elephants at their lease!

Comment

Acorns at my lake house in Angelina county from the hurricane winds

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
              But chew not everyone is able to hunt elephants at their lease!
              There may be a few cull / mgmt hunts sold this year. Need to pay some back taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                Only have two decent bucks on camera so far. I will probably let my boy shoot the 8.

This is the second year in a row I haven’t seen many mature bucks.. not sure what’s up.

Look like the same deer to me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Yea those didn’t upload very clear but on my phone you can see the difference. The bottom buck has a kicker on his g2. Top buck doesn’t

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Looks same to me also, I think in 1st pick the kicker is hidden due to angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                      Looks same to me also, I think in 1st pick the kicker is hidden due to angle.

That’s what I thought.

Comment

Looks like 2 different deer to me. Right side tines curve in on one, not the other.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone missed dinner

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Located lots of bucks the past month! 1 7.5yo 8pt and another mature 8 that I have no idea who he is. A great 9 that I think is 3.5 at best. Hopefully he makes it through the gauntlet. Missing “Main Event”, but it’s typically mid October-Halloween when he shows. I know he was alive in early March and doing well

“The Cottonmouth” has sale pending..... so year round feeding, plots and soil improvements were a waste as far as hunting goes. Learned a lot and got some great data to build off. Killed 2 great bucks as well (although they were the only deer I’ve seen with my eyes in 3 years)

On to the next chapter.... whatever door opens

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Located lots of bucks the past month! 1 7.5yo 8pt and another mature 8 that I have no idea who he is. A great 9 that I think is 3.5 at best. Hopefully he makes it through the gauntlet. Missing “Main Event”, but it’s typically mid October-Halloween when he shows. I know he was alive in early March and doing well

“The Cottonmouth” has sale pending..... so year round feeding, plots and soil improvements were a waste as far as hunting goes. Learned a lot and got some great data to build off. Killed 2 great bucks as well (although they were the only deer I’ve seen with my eyes in 3 years)

On to the next chapter.... whatever door opens
                              That sucks about the Cottonmouth place.

Comment

Weekends are full till the second weekend of the season so I topped off some feeders and dumped some corn on a bedding trail.

Nothing promising on camera yet but I'm not really running them. Sent a boar hog off about 62 grains heavier and did some tractor work

Mighty midget enjoyed the cool air

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X