No announcement yet.

9mm bullet for personal protection ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only pistol ammo I reload for is my 357 Magnum. I have a little bit different take on reloading for personal defense. For my wife's 9mm, I bought one box of 2 rounds that is for personal defense. For my 45 I have the same thing.
    Then, for practice we shoot the heck out of the cheaper range ammo. I guess my take on it is why shoot 100's of rounds at paper with more expensive personal defense ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      The only pistol ammo I reload for is my 357 Magnum. I have a little bit different take on reloading for personal defense. For my wife's 9mm, I bought one box of 2 rounds that is for personal defense. For my 45 I have the same thing.
      Then, for practice we shoot the heck out of the cheaper range ammo. I guess my take on it is why shoot 100's of rounds at paper with more expensive personal defense ammo?
      To make sure it works.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        A lot of handguns can be finicky depending on the load, bullet shape and length. It's a good idea to shoot your defensive ammo at least enough to make sure it works. I usually mix in a few mags of HST or Gold Dot anytime I shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          To make sure it works.
          yep !

Comment

found some Gold Dots in-stock, directly from Speer. Got 'em today! Ready to load and shoot a few.
            Also ordered some of the hornady XTPs, mainly because thats all the other supplier had in stock but I should be good now.

Comment

Working...
            X