No announcement yet.

Life in the 1800s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are enjoying that, you will appreciate reading Kings of Texas in the same time period about the history of King & Kennedy ranches, their stories about how they built their empires, the border area after the civil war...a brilliant book.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      If you are enjoying that, you will appreciate reading Kings of Texas in the same time period about the history of King & Kennedy ranches, their stories about how they built their empires, the border area after the civil war...a brilliant book.
      Thanks for the tip - just bought it on Amazon

Comment

I'm starting another called 1861 The Civil War Awakening by Adam Goodheart...hopefully it delivers.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

Appreciate the share. Really interesting to hear him tell of his experience. Like taking a time machine.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

This reminds me of a show I stumbled upon a couple years that absolutely fascinated me. It is called Pioneer Quest and you can find it on some streaming services.

It was a Canadian reality show that featured two couples that lived in the middle of rural Manitoba for an entire year as pioneers. If they lasted one complete year they would both receive $100,000.

From planting crops with draft horses to trading goods with a local Mennonite community, it was truly eye opening how tough you had to be.

Not to mention they just happened to experience the coldest winter on record in Manitoba history. Would highly recommend!

Comment

Thanks for the idea, Clay. I’ll check it out.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        If there’s something you wanna know first hand about living in the 1800’s just ask Burnadell
                        Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Correct.

I think hes in episode 3 of the mentioned series
                        As for you two funny ladies, I can find where you stays!

Click image for larger version

Name:	E96BAFCD-E9B7-4371-B3C3-E700A0A4F364.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	24688628

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Thanks for the tip - just bought it on Amazon
                          jerp-- there's a great book called "John Selman, Gunfighter"
                          I think you'd enjoy it as well..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            If there’s something you wanna know first hand about living in the 1800’s just ask Burnadell
                            And that’s when the fight started..

Comment

Working...
                            X