Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because "I feel the need, the need for speed"

Comment

On interstates and expressways I'm generally a "go with the flow" driver, unless the flow is 90+ or something. Driving that fast is not relaxing and I'm never in that big of a hurry. My frustration is usually on surface streets around town where judging by the way they are driving nobody ahead of me has to be wherever they are going at any particular time.

Last edited by jerp; 07-21-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I speed to keep from getting ran over.

Comment

I am more important than those around me...so get out my **** way I got chit to do...

I kid. I actually rarely speed much these decades. When I was a kid it was for the thrill of being on the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            I agree with Smart here. I used to....just because and on occassion because I was late. Now, I just set the cruise at 5-7 over and left people fly past me on the highway. I do hate the two semi's riding right next to each other for miles on end while cars stack up behind them. Also the person who does not know how to use their cruise control and passes me and gets in front of me and slows down and then I pass them, all the while never taking mine off cruise control. If that happens more than once or twice, I will hammer down and get far past them.
            This right here....
            I love it when idiots change lanes every 3 seconds, tailgate etc... and then at the next light I very slowly pull up behind them or right next to them. Seems like they never learn.

But just to make people's blood pressure rise, I love driving in the left lane and only go the speed limit

Comment

.…And Rubbin son, is racing

I don’t speed unless I’m chasing someone

Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                Yeah, serious question. Why do you speed?
                Back when I was stationed at Ft. Hood, I remember reading an article in the post newspaper that talked about speeding. So many soldiers were having wrecks due to being late for formation that the army did a study to show how speeding really saved no time or very little time as to make it not worth it.
                I’ve always remembered that.

A couple of years later, after I got out of the army, I got a ticket and not paying the fine (I tried but that’s a whole different story)a warrant was issued against me. Afraid of getting arrested, I tried to not bring attention to myself by getting pulled over so I started driving the speed limit. That was over 40 years ago. It became such a habit that I’m very comfortable driving the limit. I’m now a cruise control junkie.
                The peace of mind is wonderfully relaxing. No more panic braking. No constantly looking for da man. When I do see a cop I don’t even look at my speedometer cuz I know I’m good. These days it seems as though I’m the slowest driver around. I rarely pass anyone. Of course I swear that if I was doing 100 mph, someone would pass me up. Lol!
                I’ve also discovered, since becoming a GOF, that setting my cruise at the speed limit really pizzes people off. Gotta admit, I’m kinda getting a kick out of that. It’s a GOF’s prerogative.
                Now I will confess that my Harley has a mind of its own and really likes to cruise around 80. I try to hold her back but it’s hard.

So, long story long, why do you speed? Is it because you’re always late, impatient, love going fast, feel like you’re getting away with something?
                What’s you excuse.
                Just curious.

For the LEO’s, is it really breaking the law to speed or is it considered something else.
                Most people are pretty much law abiding citizens in most things except when it comes to the speed limit. Why is that?
                Is the warrant still active???

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  Is the warrant still active???

I was told that while a ticket will expire (statute of limitations?) a warrant never does. Correct me if I was told wrong.
                  I have been stopped three times in the past 40 years and it was never brought up so I’m assuming I’m good to go but I’ve only been back to that town that issued it once since then and I was very careful.
                  I don’t think the state wide data base or whatever it’s called was in operation when mine was issued. Maybe that’s why.

Comment

For the LEO’s, is it really breaking the law to speed or is it considered something else.
                    Most people are pretty much law abiding citizens in most things except when it comes to the speed limit. Why is that?
                    On a serious note, speeding is a crime. It is currently one of four crimes where a person must be issued a citation if he agrees to sign the promise to appear.

In Texas a citation is considered an arrest. A that moment you are in custody just as if you were brought to the County Jail. A promise to appear is essentially signing a personal recognizance bond. Basically you were signing yourself out of jail at the side of the road…. if a traffic charge because citations can be issued for other reasons.

Other states might call it a civil infraction or something else but in Texas, a crime is a crime.

Comment

For you legal eagles that do not speed, please, please STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!! ... so the rest of us can go about our business without havin' to wait on your slow arse!!

IF the State of Texas would enforce that one law, I'd bet accidents/injuries on interstates alone would drop 30 or more percent!

Comment

Most of the time I’ll do five over. My old chief would tell us “ Don’t write anything unless it’s over 10”. Here in Katy if the sign says 30 I would not go over that. Another thing I’ve mentioned here is the wolf packs. E en in the slow lane you’ll get pushed. Coming into Houston from College station it it gets more congested and speeds increase. I hate living around here.

Comment

I was told that while a ticket will expire (statute of limitations?) a warrant never does. Correct me if I was told wrong.
                          I have been stopped three times in the past 40 years and it was never brought up so I’m assuming I’m good to go but I’ve only been back to that town that issued it once since then and I was very careful.
                          I don’t think the state wide data base or whatever it’s called was in operation when mine was issued. Maybe that’s why.
                          Correct, the statute of limitations is to file charges, not a limitation on time to serve a warrant

There is no statewide database for citation warrants that I have ever heard of (that does not mean that one does not exist somewhere) except for Dps.

Most of the time traffic citations are served in the jurisdiction where the citation was issued or at least nearby.

Hopefully they purge their system after enough years. If the warrant was actually was still active and you were arrested, you could ask for a trial and that officer would have to show up and testify against you.

Technically warrants a valid anywhere but if you get a citation in Brownsville and a cop in Amarillo arrests you and you don’t make bail, the Brownsville officer would have to drive to Amarillo to bring you back.

Comment

I like to go fast.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              For you legal eagles that do not speed, please, please STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!! ... so the rest of us can go about our business without havin' to wait on your slow arse!!

IF the State of Texas would enforce that one law, I'd bet accidents/injuries on interstates alone would drop 30 or more percent!
                              Oh I stay out of the left lane. Those people are just rude. ;D

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              Correct, the statute of limitations is to file charges, not a limitation on time to serve a warrant

There is no statewide database for citation warrants that I have ever heard of (that does not mean that one does not exist somewhere) except for Dps.

Most of the time traffic citations are served in the jurisdiction where the citation was issued or at least nearby.

Hopefully they purge their system after enough years. If the warrant was actually was still active and you were arrested, you could ask for a trial and that officer would have to show up and testify against you.

Technically warrants a valid anywhere but if you get a citation in Brownsville and a cop in Amarillo arrests you and you don’t make bail, the Brownsville officer would have to drive to Amarillo to bring you back.
                              Well I just keep staying out of Harker Heights then. Lol!

Comment

I’m lovin all the great answers guys.
                                Y’all be a bunch of dang criminals. Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X