No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=greenmonstah;14464961]Thank you. My next question seems to get mixed answers. Is the public land unit divided by the counties or does one set of rules govern the whole unit? If I shoot a 13"+ buck on the Lee County side can I shoot a 13"+ buck on the Burleson County side as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I’d be happy just to see a 13” plus wide buck out there right now while hunting lol. Rule book states you can only shoot one 13” plus inside spread buck in unit 711. If you actually end up shooting one, buy some beer, celebrate your success, then maybe try to thin out the pig population some the rest of season.

I didn’t see nothing this weekend. Maybe the hunter pressure is getting to them. I did see a hawk trying to catch a squirrel lol.

Comment

Well if you were traveling the dry creek beds like I have been recently, those days could be over. Woke up to pictures of water in the creeks this morning. I hope their patterns don't change too much.

Comment

Its technically split between 3 counties..

Lee,burleson, Washington

Do what ya want. I’d call the GW and not listen to Joe Snuffy on the internet.. or maybe.. look at your PHL book? Rules, Regs, Seasons, Bag limits are printed in there..

Laziness and ignorance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Not sure if it's raining hard at the public land units but if it's raining like where I am at you can kiss those acorns goodbye. One of my cameras might be a goner too.

Comment

Very little rain here in Round Rock, North Austin.

Comment

Misting and light rain hutto and Taylor area

Comment

Went out early this morning and got my stand setup in a new spot. Hunted for a little bit before heading to work. Saw 2 does. Really windy but it felt good to be hunting in that cold weather. Should be a good weekend hopefully. Creeks are up a little bit but nothing bad at all where I was at.

Comment

Does this doe look CWD to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                      Does this doe look CWD to you guys?

I'm obviously not an expert but there's been a lot of late fawns this year. I'm still seeing some with spots. She could possibly be still nursing or just weened off her fawn. Hard to tell with just a still shot.

Comment

Gorgeous morning hunt. First full morning to be able to hunt the new spot I found. Saw two 8pts together, probably 11 and 10 inch inside spread. One of them made a rub 10 yards from me which was cool to watch. Saw a little 4pt chasing a doe. Saw a few more does. Then later, out of nowhere like a ghost, saw a nice 8pt. Immediately, I knew he was outside the ears. He was about 40 yards away but tucked behind some trees. I grabbed my bow and was able to slowly stand up. I was waiting for at least 10 minutes for him to make his move, but he just stood there. The wind was in my favor. Then all of a sudden he just started running towards me but also behind me. I picked an open spot quickly and drew back, I made a grunt sound and released my arrow as soon as he stopped 15 yards behind me....all of this within a few seconds. He dropped immediately. I realized I shot him high and probably hit his spine, he was still alive and trying to get up and crawl away so I put another arrow in his lungs. Ended up with a nice 8pt buck with exactly a 15” inside spread. I’ll post pics soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                          Gorgeous morning hunt. First full morning to be able to hunt the new spot I found. Saw two 8pts together, probably 11 and 10 inch inside spread. One of them made a rub 10 yards from me which was cool to watch. Saw a little 4pt chasing a doe. Saw a few more does. Then later, out of nowhere like a ghost, saw a nice 8pt. Immediately, I knew he was outside the ears. He was about 40 yards away but tucked behind some trees. I grabbed my bow and was able to slowly stand up. I was waiting for at least 10 minutes for him to make his move, but he just stood there. The wind was in my favor. Then all of a sudden he just started running towards me but also behind me. I picked an open spot quickly and drew back, I made a grunt sound and released my arrow as soon as he stopped 15 yards behind me....all of this within a few seconds. He dropped immediately. I realized I shot him high and probably hit his spine, he was still alive and trying to get up and crawl away so I put another arrow in his lungs. Ended up with a nice 8pt buck with exactly a 15” inside spread. I’ll post pics soon.
                          Good **** doug!!!! Iv stuck in the hospital for 3 days phenomena is getting the best of me glad ya made it happen!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah man that's good to hear. Congrats.

Comment

Thank you GD47 and Greenmonstah! Keeps saying I need to make my pics smaller size, had a few celebratory beers after cleaning him so I’ll try to submit them tomorrow again lol otherwise may need someone’s help to submit them. Hope you get to feeling better GD47, they are starting to move for sure. Good luck to y’all in the morning.

Comment

Thank you GD47 and Greenmonstah! Keeps saying I need to make my pics smaller size, had a few celebratory beers after cleaning him so I’ll try to submit them tomorrow again lol otherwise may need someone’s help to submit them. Hope you get to feeling better GD47, they are starting to move for sure. Good luck to y’all in the morning.

Txt to me. I’ll post them. Still got my number?

Comment

Working...
                                X