Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
    I haven't hunted on public land, I am a young and experienced rifle hunter, and getting into bow hunting and Somerville looks good what's the best do's and don't of this place and how do I get started going here and have yall seen great activity while scouting here on some big bucks or hogs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ugh- start next yr so your not trampling thru others sets would be a start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
      Ugh- start next yr so your not trampling thru others sets would be a start?

Ok anything else still a bit vague

Comment

Rut will happen later than most expect. Not right now...maybe in 4-5weeks.

Hogs are as populated as anywhere else in the state

Deer hold a big enough population to obtain public hunting

No feeding, dont leave cameras out, dont go thru and mess around others sets. If it looks good- someones hunting it already.

Stay safe- cell service is thin out there

Comment

Rut will happen later than most expect. Not right now...maybe in 4-5weeks.

Hogs are as populated as anywhere else in the state

Deer hold a big enough population to obtain public hunting

No feeding, dont leave cameras out, dont go thru and mess around others sets. If it looks good- someones hunting it already.

Stay safe- cell service is thin out there

Ok ,sounds good I'm still a bit confused on the rules and regulations there on hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
            Ok ,sounds good I'm still a bit confused on the rules and regulations there on hunting?

Go buy a Type II permit (public land). And read the booklet. You can find the public land pamphlet on .pdf online. It covers all rules/regs. Please whatever you do- dont listen to the “facebook/online forum game wardens”. Read the laws for yourself. Youll find more wrong answers than right.

Comment

Did some of the work for ya. Enjoy

Comment

Did some of the work enjoy

I read the Pamphlet is that everything I need to know about that property and it's specific laws

Comment

Rgr dodge airborne hooah

Comment

Read the book and scout. But, be respectful,if you see an area that looks like someone is hunting it move on, that person has put in time and effort, find your own spot, don’t mess it up for everyone who has worked hard. Middle of deer season is not the time to be walking and stalking.

Comment

Those of you “claiming” areas are your spots because you have left a permanent stand there need to re-read the rule book. No stands are to be left more than 72 hours at a time. I’ve been seeing this problem escalate over the last few years and it will come to a head. This is public land and should be treated with upmost respect. Anyone can hunt anywhere at at anytime, of course if you enter an area that someone is currently hunting give them the area for now and move on, plenty of land out there. Those of you leaving permanent stands deserve to have yours set in.

Comment

Originally posted by treehound View Post
                        Those of you “claiming” areas are your spots because you have left a permanent stand there need to re-read the rule book. No stands are to be left more than 72 hours at a time. I’ve been seeing this problem escalate over the last few years and it will come to a head. This is public land and should be treated with upmost respect. Anyone can hunt anywhere at at anytime, of course if you enter an area that someone is currently hunting give them the area for now and move on, plenty of land out there. Those of you leaving permanent stands deserve to have yours set in.

Do you or your friend drive a spray painted white station wagon look alike???

Comment

No sir, didn’t say I had a friend either

Comment

I will be there this weekend, hopefully no one else will be there.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by birdsongty1 View Post

It's the weekend in the middle of deer season I hope you don't run into anyone out there

Comment

Originally posted by birdsongty1 View Post

Mr Birdsong. Done any good at Hood this year yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X