No announcement yet.

Newton, Jasper, Hardin, Orange, Jefferson counties season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st hunt of the season today! A small 7pt walked by....he didn't know how close he was to death.

Comment

I made my first sit this morning in Jasper county without seeing anything. It's a dead end road separating beauty berry thickets amongst pines. My hand corn/good trail camera has slowed way down but I did put a feeder up with some peanuts and soybeans a few weeks ago towards a creek so maybe they shifted trails. I need to put a camera on the feeder.

Comment

2nd hunt today, saw a doe, a nice 8pt and one unknown....not to bad. Rut is just around the corner.

Comment

Saw a 8, and think the other was a 7. Both where on a mission, didnt even sniff the corn this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
            Saw a 8, and think the other was a 7. Both where on a mission, didnt even sniff the corn this morning
            Same with the 8 I saw this morning, trailing a doe, lip curled and off he went.

Comment

Ok gents another weekend. Post your kills.

I wont get to go till Tuesday....gonna be cool then, I hope

Comment

Sittin this weekend out, too hot. Gonna wait till youth weekend next week and let my boy pull out the smoke stick.

Comment

Its foggy here. These kind of days are usually good.

Comment

Ok boys! We got some cool weather, lets put some on the board!!!

Comment

Friend killed a nice 8ptr this AM. No permission to post pics.

Comment

Two weeks ago our water oaks, and some white oaks, were dropping acorns pretty steady. What is everybody else seeing so far as which oaks are dropping and how much?

Comment

Preach, where I hunt, no acorns(Whiteoak) to be found. A few Water Oak acorns.

Comment

Took my little boy to the buna lease for his first time ever as the shooter and he got a skillet head. He said he was so happy he was about to cry. lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, congrats to the young man. He is on the board

Comment

Got an 8pt today. Out of my treesaddle, no less. Maiden voyage. Starting to chalk up a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X