View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #29
Ten Point
spidermonkey's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: northeast texas
Hunt In: northeast and central texas

Yes, you do have to have a license. And there are different kinds as well. My nephew has a PPL SEL (private pilots single engine land) and that gets him licensed up to a gross weight of 12,000 lbs, so it’s all he needs. You could fly this type plane with a “light sport”, but it would restrict your gross weight (1350 max) you’d be licensed to carry, as well as top speed/hp, you would be licensed for. The way he is building it, a light sport license wouldn’t be sufficient. There’s also the “ultralight” category you can fly without a license, but that’s limited to 254 lbs or less empty weight, and carry less than 5 gallons of fuel. Also limited to 63 mph top speed. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top