Anybody been to Coeur D'Alene, ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody been to Coeur D'Alene, ID?

We postponed our Summer vacation in 2020 to Jackson Hole with plans to return in 2021. Now we are talking about switching gears and going to Coeur D'Alene, ID. The plan is to play golf, shop, fly fish and eat.

For anybody that has been to Coeur D'Alene is there enough to do vs Jackson?

I have a good customer that lives there I could get answers from. Pm me.............

Comment

Great place. Fly SWA into Spokane and roll with it. Gold was awesome. We went sturgeon fishing one trip and had a blast. Plenty to do there. Jackson Hole has more to see, but you won't starve and I never knew Idaho was so beautiful. :-)

Comment

If I went, I'd drop in on the Buck Knife Factory in Post Falls. Seems that might be a cool way to kill a couple hours.

That area has been on my list for a long time! I hope you make it!

Comment

There’s a member on here that just moved there this past summer. I think his name is Bucksmasher? I’d message him and ask

Comment

I went there on business a few years ago. The golf course (a resort style) is a fun one to play, especially the floating green. The Hagadone Suite is amazing. The hot tub hangs over the side of the hotel and the private pool is a nice touch.

Capones Pub and Hudson's Hamburgers are good grub.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              There’s a member on here that just moved there this past summer. I think his name is Bucksmasher? I’d message him and ask
              Yep that’s his name. I came here to say the same.

Comment

A buddy of mine moved there a few years ago and coaches football at one of the high schools. He says the resort and golf course there is breathtakingly beautiful.

Comment

Thanks folks! I did move here last year, love talking about it.

Our mountains are not like the Tetons, with high jagged peaks and wide open parks. CDA is more heavily forested with lower, but still steep mountains almost completely covered in timber. What makes our area unique is all the large natural lakes set right into the mountains. Literally dozens of beautiful glacial lakes within 50 miles but the largest are CDA, Hayden, Pend O' Reille, Spirit, and Priest.

When are you planning your trip? The largest theme park in the PNW is here, thousands of miles of NF trails, literally all public land from here to Missoula except down near the highway. All the boating you could ask for. Good food, nice folks. The resort area in CDA is [emoji108]. I have seen a few golf courses around that look pretty but i dont golf so no experience there. I have never been to the buck knife factory but sounds neat.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure you would love it. I have some cousins that live up there & they say it's amazing!

Comment

From a couple of buddies:

But, if you're interested in a short drive - head up to Sand Point on Lake Pend'Oreille. Beautiful place and I think maybe the deepest natural lake in the continental US. Schweitzer Ski Mountain is the backdrop.
                      The resort course is great. Expensive but worth it. South fo the resort about 30 mins is another course that is awesome called circling Raven.
                      The best North Idaho golf course is Circling Raven Golf Club. Book a tee time today to play the #1 course in Idaho.

Hiawatha Bike Trail is really cool:

Sandpoint is really pretty as said above. About 45 mins north of CDA.

fishing and hiking is plentiful. Just depends on where you want to go. You could stay at the resort and stay near downtown and go to the beach everyday and be happy. They have a ton of free entertainment stuff during the summer downtown when it’s not Covid. Hiking Tubbs hill downtown is fun.

Restaurants are great and plentiful since it’s a resort town. I like Cedar’s a lot. Beverly’s of you want a fancy meal. Eat a burger at Hudson’s downtown. My wife and I really like Collective Kitchen.

Comment

I go every year on a golf trip with a small group, one of whom has a house on the lake. We play 4 fantastic courses, all of which we drive to by boat. Some of the prettiest views I've ever seen. From a golf perspective, it's fantastic. The lake is beautiful and there seems to be plenty to do besides golf. I look forward to this trip every year.

Comment

I have spent a lot of time over the years in Spokane on business. I have always said it is one area of our country I would consider living.
                          I am sure you will find plenty to see and do in that whole area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome info guys. Looks like we should keep it on the list.

I assume we can find some good fly fishing in the area? Any recommendations on guides or areas to fish. We do not mind driving a bit to find good spots either.

Comment

Circling Raven golf course is awesome! Lived in Spokane for 4 yrs and visited CDA often. Good breweries all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X