A better rat trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
    I bought a 110 at BPS the other day after reading this. I like the box idea for the squirrels and rats!

So far I've been too scared to set it.
    Too funny.

Comment

That rat is HUGE! Nice thinking. I would have never thought of that.

So I would like to use my dumb question of the day up now.

I always here of rats and mice chewing wires. What makes them do this? The smell? The wire being warm? Material to nest with? What?

Comment

I would not get my finger in it, probably break it if you did

They use the same kind of setup with a square bucket and bigger conibear for coons. I just adapted for smaller trap. Was going to use a piece of 6" PVC but diagonal measurement of trap would not allow

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          Too funny.
          Seriously.........The Victor big Rat Traps are scary enough. This thing is just medieval.

Comment

I don't know why rodents chew wires but they seem to love it

Comment

I would rather mess with the conibear than those big rat traps

Comment

K a r

Comment

You could use anything to make the box, I just had a piece of 1x6 scrap about 4' long

Comment

My dad used to tell me that they chew on the wires b/c it gives them the same sensation as if they were eating something sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                      My dad had issues with bigger rats getting ouy of the traps. He took those wooden Victor traps and used 1.12" screws and screwed em into the bottom of the trap just below the trigger. He hasnt lost a trap since!
                      Screws pointed up to stab, or down to screw the trap to something?

Comment

Dang I hate rats. Ate wires on my ranch pickup, then my Polaris, then my wife's old Tahoe. Cost me nearly $2k. One jumped out from behind firewall when in mechanics shop to fix wiring! He chased it into a corner and killed it.

If enemies want secrets, I could handle torture, caning, or most anything. Put me in room with a rat and I'd cave in totally.

Learned from TBH site that keeping hood open helps. Or buy some Rodent-Away spray. Learned about that here in same thread. Also got a tame cat and feed a feral cat now. Also got poison in rat container (so other critters don't find it), Havahart trap, and big plastic throw traps.
                        Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 01-03-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Sure that's not a Cat?

Comment

Working...
                          X