A better rat trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Rats squirrels ferrel cats!! Conibear does not discriminate!!
    Yep, no catch and release with a conibear

The bigger ones will break your arm too

Comment

Reminds me of that scene in Bad Boy II.

This is a special breed of rats....

Comment

I had a rat under my front porch. It took my wife's intersoles from her tennis shoes that she had washed and set out there to dry.. I started watching for it figured to shoot it with rat shot from .357 but it was too fast crossing the porch so out came the havahart trap. Within two days I caught it. I smeared peanut butter on inside so it took it awhile to get it off.......Andy

Comment

Incredible the pleasure we get trapping these crafty critters .
          Good catch!

Comment

Well played sir

Comment

I like the conni idea never thought of that. I have been using a # 2 steel trap peanut butter on a tin foiled trigger lol

Comment

Is your yard high or low fenced?

Comment

Rats and mice never really bothered me until recently. I have had my truck in the shop 3 times and needs a 4th due to rats chewing wires. They got my golf cart and most recently our toyota land cruiser. I took it to the shop to get it fixed and got quoted $9,010.00. I still cant believe it. I brought it back home to make sure a little splice job wont fix it before I turn it in on insurance. I got one of them last night but I know there are more. I may go pick up a coniber and a few cats.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'd end up catching the neighbor's cat if I used one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                      I'd end up catching the neighbor's cat if I used one of those.
                      You say that like it's a bad thing.

Comment

My dad had issues with bigger rats getting ouy of the traps. He took those wooden Victor traps and used 1.12" screws and screwed em into the bottom of the trap just below the trigger. He hasnt lost a trap since!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          You say that like it's a bad thing.
                          I love it! I think the law makes provisions for non target animals.
                          But the TSS method works best

Comment

Ok, pics I promised. Sorry they are a few days late but 1st chance I have had to get them

Throw some bait(corn, dry dog food, pecans, etc ) in the back of the box and make sure trigger assembly is in bottom 1/3 of trap opening

110 conibear trap

You can secure the trap but on the 2 I caught the trap was not moved enough to worry about it

Slit on top of trap is important to get trap inside box

Comment

You're like a redneck savant... and I like it.

I sit in my barn and shoot mice with a BB gun on occasion. They've almost got me where they want me, so it's time to up the ante a bit.

Comment

I bought a 110 at BPS the other day after reading this. I like the box idea for the squirrels and rats!

So far I've been too scared to set it.

Comment

Working...
                                X