Taxes - Out of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docmay View Post
    It is totally absurd and really kills the drive to work hard and have a nice life. I hate the current welfare state that we support. And, as mentioned above, wait until the Democrats get in to office. Will be worse!
    I fear that day. I’m not claiming I’m the hardest working person or even have the toughest job but I have clawed my way through the ranks with nothing but a swift kick in the balls in return. If we just flat taxed everyone, except the disabled, this problem would go away. It’s Canada healthcare happening over here. Why should I? What’s in it for me?

Comment

somebody call the waaaaaaambulance.

don't like it? don't let the door bump your @22 on the way out. Hell yes this is the best country on Earth by far and if you don't appreciate it we won't miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post

don't like it? don't let the door bump your @22 on the way out. Hell yes this is the best country on Earth by far and if you don't appreciate it we won't miss you.
        Guess you dont remember how it became the greatest country on earth.

Comment

Last edited by tps7742; 11-26-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Property taxes in Grayson county have me retiring to Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Guess you dont remember how it became the greatest country on earth.
              Not by whiners whining... that's for sure!

Comment

Comment

And there is always one. Ignorance is bliss! This guy ^^^ most certainly applies.

By the way- your phone/device has a little button that probably has an arrow on it facing up, it might even be labeled as “shift”. Give it a try.

Comment

Did you type this from the social security line ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Texas ain't any better....how about getting taxed right out of family property that has been paid for for 50 years?
                        Gov. at all levels is full of sorry individuals who think you are the bank account for their social programs.
                        Texas is much better. I've lived in both and why I stay in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          The only fair tax is a flat sales tax. Everyone participates equally and can make the decision to participate or not.
                          Which is exactly why you will never ever in a billion years see a flat tax. I don't even know why people bring it up. There's about a zero percent chance of it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Which is exactly why you will never ever in a billion years see a flat tax. I don't even know why people bring it up. There's about a zero percent chance of it happening.
                            True and unfortunate. I dream of winning the lottery, I’ll dream of flat tax.

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
                              ....and then pay a capital gains tax on the house they just sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This is true.

IMO when you sell a house all the property taxes you've paid over the years should cancel against the "profits". Same for all the repairs/work over the years.

And if they are considered a money maker when you sell, you should be able to write off the losses when you sell also.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                                And there is always one. Ignorance is bliss! This guy ^^^ most certainly applies.

By the way- your phone/device has a little button that probably has an arrow on it facing up, it might even be labeled as “shift”. Give it a try.
                                Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                Whining is a waste of energy. You guys want to find a little corner of the internet and mop each others' tears up with tampons, get after it, but don't be surprised if someone peeks into your public space and has a difference of opinion. Any of y'all lived in a foreign country? Got an idea what it's like to live under a different system of government or wealth distribution or you just want to gripe about living in the best place on earth because you don't have more productive outlets for your energy?
                                Petty nitpicking and personal attacks say more about you fellas than they do me.
                                Them innanets brings out the best in people! SMH

Comment

Working...
                                X