Conventional Septic Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    Many conventional systems now require two drain fields with a valve that turns from one to the other. When one gets saturated, you turn it to the other for a while. No one I know that has one has any problems.
    This makes good sense if a conventional system is being installed.

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
      No problem as long as sh#$% still runs downhill
      It runs down hill until the tank and field are saturated with water. Then it floats in the toilet...

This particular homeowner has added a 20' slab and pergola as well as flatwork with a fire pit, changing all the grading. Water now sheds off the pergola on one side and ponds on the tank and also obstructs drainage so water ponds on the field, on the opposite side. He thinks it is the builder's issue.

Comment

we had a problem this year for the first time. Tons of rain and need to put dirt over leach lines due to ponding, ground is absolutely saturated. Have to have it pumped since no place for the water to go.

Comment

Put our aerobic system in "92. Fella at the county office told me i would need 300' of field line and the soil makeup would make it difficult for conventional. At the time we had brush behind us and we had started construction so i didn't have time to dig out field lines. So the decision was easy. We are kinda low but not in floodplain. We have had our share of floods including Harvey, and hear horror stories of people with conventional tanks. I do have my washing machine watering the back yard. No regrets here.

Comment

Working...
          X