Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen or have Purple Martins yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like when they leave. It gets so quite. My dad always use to tell me it was the direction you set up there house that bettered the chances. Not sure though.

Comment

Anyone seen any Purple Martins yet?

Comment

I need to get my house cleaned out. They should be here pretty quick after this cold spell. The weather starting to get warmer tomorrow, so I guess I will get that little job done the latter part of the week. It is still 24 degrees here today.

Comment

Houses are clean. Will wait for scout sighting to put up. Might be a late arrival with this winter

Comment

Saw a few yesterday. Cleaned out my gourds today. I'm ready.

Comment

Saw the first ones Sunday.

Comment

Nuttin here yet. Late again!!

Comment

Not seen or heard any yet. Houses are ready.

Comment

Had three in Mills County

Comment

My first year with Martin boxes... Our new home has 2 two-story ones, but the previous owner let the sparrows/starlings take them over last year. I've declared war on them... No tellin' how many have gone to birdie heaven already. Haven't seen any yet, but in hopes I can keep the undesirables at bay enough to get them back in the nice houses we inherited... Have gotten blue birds in the bluebird boxes so at least some of my sparrow control is paying off...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        My first year with Martin boxes... Our new home has 2 two-story ones, but the previous owner let the sparrows/starlings take them over last year. I've declared war on them... No tellin' how many have gone to birdie heaven already. Haven't seen any yet, but in hopes I can keep the undesirables at bay enough to get them back in the nice houses we inherited... Have gotten blue birds in the bluebird boxes so at least some of my sparrow control is paying off...

Yeah sparrows and starlings suck. I have a repeating sparrow trap near my gourd racks. I pretty much trapped enough of them over the years to keep them away. Starlings are a different story. I've killed a bunch, but they are persistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          Yeah sparrows and starlings suck. I have a repeating sparrow trap near my gourd racks. I pretty much trapped enough of them over the years to keep them away. Starlings are a different story. I've killed a bunch, but they are persistent.
                          Get you one of these! They will consistently take out starlings n sparrows (and other critters) from point blank to over a hunert yards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4108.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	24433180

And they do it silently too...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Get you one of these! They will consistently take out starlings n sparrows (and other critters) from point blank to over a hunert yards.

[ATTACH]778334[/ATTACH]

And they do it silently too...

Those look like serious killers. I have a Gamo that'll kill em too.

I also have a perch away from my gourds that the starlings like. I shoot 3-4 at a time with the 12 gauge there. [emoji1474]

Comment

No martins but the buzzards showed about a week ago here.

Comment

I've got 7 nests. 31 eggs as of last week.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X