Suggestions on smoking this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
    This is a great way to cook a Turkey, did my first last year and it was really good!
    It’s boneless, so can’t spatchcock it. I may do one that way for Christmas

Comment

So you want to smoke a chicken nugget? I would throw that on for a couple of hrs as I was cooking the main course.........

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        So you want to smoke a chicken nugget? I would throw that on for a couple of hrs as I was cooking the main course.........
        It’s for my daughter she’s the only one that doesn’t like pork butt and brisket

Comment

I'd go the same route but brine only for 3 to 4 hrs. pat dry add rub and smoke skin side up. Or instead of brine may be easier to just inject and smoke. Id bring up to 160 -162 and let rest so it can reach safe temp. then blow torch the skin to crispify
          Last edited by BuckRage; 11-25-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

dbl post

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Comment

I did a 22 lb bird for the family and a breast like the OP’s for work
                Used a dry rub of thyme,rosemary, salt,pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.

Between 12 adults and 6 teenagers the 22lb bird was all bones when done
                The boneless breast I took to work and it was gone in 10 mins. Don’t ever bring food to us er nurses and expect to have anything leftover.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  WOW, appreciate you

Comment

What did you end up doing, and how did it turn out?

Comment

Inject with Creole Butter, coat they outside with Ragin Blaze (or any cajun season if you haven’t been enlightened) and coarse black pepper. Smoke in apple wood until internal of 160 is reached , pull and tent with foil for 15-20 minutes or until 165 internal. Slice and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Inject with Creole Butter, coat they outside with Ragin Blaze (or any cajun season if you haven’t been enlightened) and coarse black pepper. Smoke in apple wood until internal of 160 is reached , pull and tent with foil for 15-20 minutes or until 165 internal. Slice and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        This.

Comment

I'd do this injection and rub. I do that on whole turkeys. Not sure why wouldn't be great for breasts.

Comment

Working...
                          X