No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is classic, ' HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW" ??

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
      I agree with the majors being the pinnacle but if you actually look at the stats Tiger was more dominant, won at a better percentage rate, the cut streak, all the records he owns it’s pretty simple that Tiger was a better golfer, then jack himself Tiger was better but hey you got background in golf so what you say must be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hehehe.....ok..... I'm not going to get childish and petty....i don't do that in debates. (Which is what this is)

I've stated my case, credentials, and experience utilized to form my opinions and you've stated yours. (along with many others) In regards to this debate, it's now up to the readers, the "jurors" as in a court case.

I'll end my part with the following....

Tiger was more dominant over a ten year period.....I've said that for many, many years. He was also the single most important player in growing the game well beyond it's traditional fan base, which was VERY important for those of us who derive our living through golf. I'm eternally and extremely grateful for all his hard work and subsequent success.

However, we will see how many major championship wins and his "stats" in regards to his career in 2026. Then I guess we'll know.....😉
      Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-01-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Daggumit....[emoji6]...Tiger should have only played in warm-up tournaments and the majors.....since nothing else matters. He would have been the "official" GOAT fifteen years ago by that gold standard![emoji466]
        As far as earning a living. Times change....thank God!!! [emoji120] 60 years ago Tiger would not even been allowed on a course. My 88 year old dad experienced to many times to count post Korean War thru the 70's. (Thx you Charlie Sifford) In other words......"apples to apples" is a stretch when we agree to just think a little deeper. I'm thrilled the game has soooo much money that a winter coat is not a driving reason to play anymore. Those so-called spoiled PGA elites give millions to charities every year around the world and kids from every corner of the globe are benefiting........amazing work by all involved. I dont know if Tiger will get the last 4 but I dang sure know he "revolutionized" the game while creating more millionaires than the industry has ever phanthomed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just don’t think you can compare them, to many years apart, to many changes to the game, start off with equipment, courses, set ups, greens, fans, social media, coaches for everything. They were both the greatest of there era, but to pin them against each other really isn’t worthy of there careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            I just don’t think you can compare them, to many years apart, to many changes to the game, start off with equipment, courses, set ups, greens, fans, social media, coaches for everything. They were both the greatest of there era, but to pin them against each other really isn’t worthy of there careers.
            Yep.....that I agree with 100% . (same with the post above yours.....my first roommate at UofH was a black guy from South Philly.... changed my life forever)

As for your post, the same can be said in regards to comparing Montana vs Brady, LeBron vs Mj, etc.....but we do....😉
            Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-01-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

He's not a tiger anymore, He's a Cheetah.

Comment

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Yes he's THE GOAT.

No one has ever played the game like he has. Or was a clutch. Or dominated like he did in his prime. If he beats Jack's record too, imo, this debate will be null and void.

No questions asked.

[emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji234][emoji234][emoji234][emoji234][emoji234][emoji234]

Even if he doesn't...
                (Just less goats, but still a goat)

[emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji238][emoji234][emoji234][emoji234]
                Last edited by Chuy; 11-05-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Lmaooooo!!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

THE BEST from his first tour win till PRESENT DAY!

Tiger will be THE BEST for a long long time to come only because the interest that Tiger himself brought to pro golf. He got most of these present day stars started in golf and created this deep pool great players we have today. Today there are way too many really good players for any of them to ever catch him or Jack. No way no how!

Top 2 ALL TIME!

With advances in equipment alone not to mention physical training and course maintenance there is no way to compare yesteryears GREAT players with todays players.

He saved golf from its depression era by himself. He made a lot of other tour players richer. He made the PGA tour richer. He made golf relevant again.

He will drive interest up on the Senior tour when he moves to that platform!

To this day if he is on the leader board and in contention he drives TV ratings up. Brings more fans to the tournament. Peaks interest in the golfing community beyond comprehension!

You can use this ARCHERY HUNTING website as an example. We have had a thread about him that has been going now for a long time.

Comment

Question: What if all of your own great errors were made public? Even the ones you hold secret?

What? Excuses? What?

Comment

Just started reading the Tiger Woods book today, I've heard its awesome

Comment

Good for the new Tiger. He was having fun with his captains picks yesterday. He said something like, as captain I pick Tiger Woods with the last pick. Then talked about himself in third person. The old Tiger never would have had fun with any of it. Our last pick for the good ole USA is only the sixth ranked player in the world.

GO USA!

Comment

Who is Tiger Woods?

Comment

Originally posted by vtexhunter View Post
                              Who is Tiger Woods?
                              Who is John Gault???[emoji577]

Comment

The goat

Comment

Working...