gravity feeder height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gravity feeder height

is there a good height that i can hang a gravity feeder that the deer can reach and the pigs cant? i dont care about coons and squirrels.

I don’t see any coons on my Boss Buck tripod style feeder.
    But I did put PVC pieces on each leg.

Comment

I'm thinking I built mine at 32" but not sure.

Comment

Mine is 42" from ground to bottom of tube. Occasionally a big hog can still rear up an reach it but he usually will just cause it to spill some on the ground.

Comment

38 to 42 high is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
            I'm thinking I built mine at 32" but not sure.
            Maybe it was 42", I do too many projects to remember all them.

Comment

its a redneck blind tpost feeder, but im going to hang it on a tree.

Comment

Build mine 42in from the ground.

Comment

Mines 42” to bottom of tubes and mature deer look like giraffes trying to eat from it. I get very little usage.

I’m dropping to 38” next week and lower if needed

Comment

Coons can reach this one that belongs to a good friend of mine. I have the same one. We’re going to dig down about a foot or so in the red area. Another pic for height reference. I think it’s 36-38”.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dc1986; 11-07-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

You can see at 42” just how small a deer really is. They have ate less than 20# in over a month and there a deer there almost daily

I set some 6” pvc feeders at 40”.... untouched for 3 weeks. Dropped to 35 or so, can’t keep em full
                      Attached Files

Comment

Depends what the size of deer your feeding are? 120 or 200 Lb. 39 4/8 is a good height

Comment

Man, some raccoons verticals will surprise you...
                          I had one set up almost 4 feet off the ground. I am pretty sure the coons repelled down from the branch it was hanging on and feasted.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                            its a redneck blind tpost feeder, but im going to hang it on a tree.
                            Chris, I set my redneck feeders just above my belly...right at 40 inches. Works good for deer. I only have one hog that sweeps up what the Coons and squirrels scrape out. Close that plate to almost as low as it will go. Wide open and they spill a lot into he ground. 80 lbs last me about 2 weeks.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                              Chris, I set my redneck feeders just above my belly...right at 40 inches. Works good for deer. I only have one hog that sweeps up what the Coons and squirrels scrape out. Close that plate to almost as low as it will go. Wide open and they spill a lot into he ground. 80 lbs last me about 2 weeks.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                              X