new f150!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
    If everybody will stop buying it’ll stop.
    That's a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
      Thought that name looked familiar. My parents use to buy from them. They live there.

Who are your parents? I’m from there too and know the Caraways

Comment

I kept my 2013 GMC 1500 with 200k miles for my Daughters' first car when I got my new ride. I got offered $12.5k for it from one of my Dad's friends who has a note lot. It's tough to pass up that kinda cash for a truck with 200k miles.

He said he would have it sold for $14.5 and financed in less than a week.

It's a crazy world out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          I'm with you. They can keep their trucks.

Like someone else posted. Folks need to pass on doing financing over 8 years. The most I'll do is 5, but I prefer to buy it out right.
          Buying a vehicle outright isn't smart unless the finance rate is more than what you can make in investments. That just isn't the case right now. Some people have a real hard time understanding this. Even the mega wealthy know to finance things because they can put their money to work elsewhere and come out ahead.

Comment

Cheaper to throw a new engine and trans in one

Comment

Ordered a F150 KR diesel in late Oct. and got it April. $66,000 Bailey Ford.

Comment

Firm believer of getting out out of debt, living within means and avoid financing as that's what the banks/brokers want to see. What tends to happen, folks finance every toy, car, etc and find themselves living paycheck to paycheck paying loans.

Market is great now and I'm very involved in it. But, also prepared for the crash as we own everything minus mortgage. 8 yr note will never make sense, unless that vehicle is making you money in return.

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
                Buying a vehicle outright isn't smart unless the finance rate is more than what you can make in investments. That just isn't the case right now. Some people have a real hard time understanding this. Even the mega wealthy know to finance things because they can put their money to work elsewhere and come out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Firm believer of getting out out of debt, living within means and avoid financing as that's what the banks/brokers want to see. What tends to happen, folks finance every toy, car, etc and find themselves living paycheck to paycheck paying loans.

Market is great now and I'm very involved in it. But, also prepared for the crash as we own everything minus mortgage. 8 yr note will never make sense, unless that vehicle is making you money in return.
                  Not everyone gets it. Took me a while to understand. If you're a Dave Ramsey guy, you'll probably never get it.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with living within your means. That's an entirely different subject. It has to do with making your money work for you.

And yes, an 8 year note does make sense IF the interest rate is right AND you don't drive a lot.

Comment

How does an 8 year note make sense, please enlighten me? Even with low interest rates, that vehicle is a depreciable asset. Way I see it, you need 8 years to pay off vehicle, you can’t afford it.

Not everyone gets it. Took me a while to understand. If you're a Dave Ramsey guy, you'll probably never get it.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with living within your means. That's an entirely different subject. It has to do with making your money work for you.

And yes, an 8 year note does make sense IF the interest rate is right AND you don't drive a lot.

Comment

This is the truth - We financed our last 3 vehicles for 6 years. One was 0% interest and two at .9%

There's zero wrong with financing in those terms in my opinion.

Comment

How does an 8 year note make sense, please enlighten me? Even with low interest rates, that vehicle is a depreciable asset. Way I see it, you need 8 years to pay off vehicle, you can’t afford it.
                        You may not NEED 8 years. You are taking 8 years and keeping your cash in hand.

Comment

Going to hit y'all with some math...

You find a $65k truck you like. You have $65k in hand.

You pay outright and you have no more in hand.

You finance $65k at 3% for 96 months...total with interest is $73,193. You take your $65k in hand and invest it in something that makes 8% over the same term and take out $762 per month to pay the auto loan. At the end of the loan, you still have $21k in your investment AND a car that's paid for.

Now that I think about it, just doesn't make sense!

Now, if you can't make 8% in that 8 year period, you might need to find another investment advisor!

Comment

Surely you don’t think that “0%” interest rate came free? And if you are paying it off early on 8 yr, then why are you getting an 8 year? It’s all a game, buy what you can afford.

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            You may not NEED 8 years. You are taking 8 years and keeping your cash in hand.

Comment

Hold on here, find me an interest rate gaining 8% every single year? 2008, one heck of a crash happened, people lost everything.

Average of S&P is great, but it also dips with negative returns.

Going to hit y'all with some math...

You find a $65k truck you like. You have $65k in hand.

You pay outright and you have no more in hand.

You finance $65k at 3% for 96 months...total with interest is $73,193. You take your $65k in hand and invest it in something that makes 8% over the same term and take out $762 per month to pay the auto loan. At the end of the loan, you still have $21k in your investment AND a car that's paid for.

Now that I think about it, just doesn't make sense!

Now, if you can't make 8% in that 8 year period, you might need to find another investment advisor!

Comment

Hold on here, find me an interest rate gaining 8% every single year? 2008, one heck of a crash happened, people lost everything.

Average of S&P is great, but it also dips with negative returns.
                                We're talking about averaging 8% over 8 years. Again, if you aren't getting that, you might want to seek another advisor. Just sayin.

Let's drop it to only a 5% return...you'd only make about $7000 on your investment.

Drop it 4%...you're still making a little over $3000

We can explain it to you, but we can't understand it for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X