No announcement yet.

new f150!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a 2021 Silverado 4x4 LT back in April. $48,000 sticker. Paid $41,000. I added on a spray on liner, 60,000 mile extended warranty and electronic (cathodic) rust and corrosion protection. Nothing fancy, but this truck has more technology than I will ever use. I am not implying I got a "good deal". Nobody gets a "good deal" other than the dealers and manufacturers. This dealership in Ottumwa, Iowa set a sales record in March. Over 400 vehicles sold in a town of 35,000.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
      The semi shortage is not going away anytime soon. It's not just trucks that have the shortfall. Semis are in more things than most people think and use everyday. My bet is you will see a little softening towards the end of this year, but this could easily last until the end of 2022. The industry as a whole is roughly 5x behind in capacity due to a number of factors. New fabs cost $1B-$10B to bring online and take years. There is no short term fix. Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't see a lot of near term relief in the market.
      I think you're spot on. Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC) makes the majority of semiconductors for the majority of companies like AMD, Apple, Qualcomm, Nvidia, etc... Everything from Cell Phones, Computers, gaming consoles to obviously vehicles, require these chips for their computers. The industry basically put 90% of their eggs into ONE BASKET. With Covid creating a huge demand for at home workers and their at-home schooling, there was a rush on every electronic device using these chips. You can't just "build another manufacturing" facility overnight or within a year or two. I'm afraid this is going to be a issue for several years to come unless they can develop an alternative (not likely).

Comment

About all the Ford dealerships have right now is a few F150's and even fewer diesel F250's. You can forget about finding a gas F250, unless you want a Lariat.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin6.7 View Post
          I picked up my wifes new Tahoe last week at James Woods in Decatur. They usually stock 600ish new vehicles on their lot. They had 40 total and 20 of those were service loaders.
          I just bought a new jeep. Only 15-20 to choose from on the whole empty lot. Only 4 were Wranglers ....so technically I had 4 to choose from. Big ol empty cement lot.

Comment

Get ****** if it helps you. The guy walking in the door after you is going to buy the truck.

Comment

I went to the Toyota dealership the other day for some break pads for my wife's car. While in there the sales manager came in the waiting room and announced, if you had a car or truck 2018 or newer with fewer than 30k mile; they would give you $5K more that you bought it for.

Comment

Some Ford dealership in Austin is advertising what semiconductor shortage, we have 100's of trucks available. Can't remember which one I will pay more attention when I see the ad again.

Comment

I just ordered a new F350 from Bill Fick in Huntsville. Gave $5K off sticker price. Said that is the standard deal they are doing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                    I just ordered a new F350 from Bill Fick in Huntsville. Gave $5K off sticker price. Said that is the standard deal they are doing right now.
                    You’ll be lucky to see it before the end of the year if that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                      If everybody will stop buying it’ll stop.
                      I haven`t bought one since 2003. Still driving it today and not looking to buy now either. Doing my part.

Comment

After a bunch of Fords I bought my first Chevy in September. A big reason was getting the run around at the Ford houses, plus the new body style does it for me. Things were getting crazy, but nowhere near as crazy as the prices are today. I paid $63k + for a Duramax with a sticker right at $74k. It was a demo with 4300 miles on it.

Comment

I have an 09 F150 King Ranch with 150k miles. I’ll take $80k if anyone is interested

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            I think you're spot on. Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC) makes the majority of semiconductors for the majority of companies like AMD, Apple, Qualcomm, Nvidia, etc... Everything from Cell Phones, Computers, gaming consoles to obviously vehicles, require these chips for their computers. The industry basically put 90% of their eggs into ONE BASKET. With Covid creating a huge demand for at home workers and their at-home schooling, there was a rush on every electronic device using these chips. You can't just "build another manufacturing" facility overnight or within a year or two. I'm afraid this is going to be a issue for several years to come unless they can develop an alternative (not likely).
                            One point above that I would argue, the car manufacturers made a bet and lost. They panicked at the beginning of covid and did two things - gave vehicles away by offering crazy incentives and cut demand. Semi manufacturing sites cannot sit idle and switched production to in demand products. Vehicle demand came back stronger than anyone predicted and now there is a shortage across the board. Take into account the supply chain issues and other factors (Covid related loss of workers/shutdowns, TWN running out of water, Texas ice storm, etc) and demand for other consumer goods not slowing down - all contribute to the gap in supply.

Comment

We are looking right now to sell my wife's Lexus Gx460 and get her into the new F150 Lariat.

I will post if we are able to put anything together or not. Her GX is the Luxury package, a 2017 and she just turned over 25,000 miles.

One thing to keep in mind is that used cars are worth a lot more today as well so in the end, everything has gone up, both new and used.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m waiting for gas to go to $3.50+ a gallon and for dealerships to start getting more trucks in. Then I’ll trade my 3 year old hybrid in on a one ton truck. I’ll get a premium for the hybrid, and they’ll be discounting the trucks like mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X