new f150!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
    You can buy a new Ford for less than that.

https://www.carawayford.com/new/Ford...rchDepth=12:19
    Thought that name looked familiar. My parents use to buy from them. They live there.

Comment

They’re on some good drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        went to look at new trucks today ... ford dealer wants $5k over sticker for xlt trim or less , $10k over sticker for lariat or KR , $15k over for platinum.

guess they don't want my money..

drove a red lariat 3.5 eco . didn't even have a bed liner in it ... $75k!

drove a powerboost xlt ... i think they wanted $65k for it ... drove so nice and quiet too... but I can't trust hybrid long term...

the kr they had was 81k on the sticker ... +10k "addendum"

ford dealer ,you can gfys!
        I'm with you. They can keep their trucks.

Like someone else posted. Folks need to pass on doing financing over 8 years. The most I'll do is 5, but I prefer to buy it out right.

Comment

never buy a new vehicle!

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna get rid of my F350 and F150 this summer and get into an F250 to do everything I need to do, but that ain’t happening now.

Comment

I got a F150 King Ranch Powerboost for 5K off sticker back in March. I hit the sweet spot between COVID and the semiconductor shortage. Still not a great deal, but better than I'd be getting now.

Comment

If you don't buy it, some other sucker will. The dealers know this, so why bother losing profits? Just like leases, houses, ammo, this is the new norm. People keep buying, prices keep going up.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  I got a F150 King Ranch Powerboost for 5K off sticker back in March. I hit the sweet spot between COVID and the semiconductor shortage. Still not a great deal, but better than I'd be getting now.
                  How are you liking the powerboost? I am thinking hard on getting one when supply returns. I have the standard 3.5 eco right now, and love everything but the mileage. What real world mileage are you seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                    How are you liking the powerboost? I am thinking hard on getting one when supply returns. I have the standard 3.5 eco right now, and love everything but the mileage. What real world mileage are you seeing?
                    I like it thus far. I get about 19.5 highway and 21 city.

Comment

Buying a truck is the last thing i'd want to be doing right now. Robbery.

Comment

“There’s a sucker born every minute”

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          Once the semiconductors start hitting the truck plants, all those trucks sitting in lots and racetracks/rail yards will flood the market. Hopefully fast enough that it brings the prices down. But i suspect it will be a slow release on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          The semi shortage is not going away anytime soon. It's not just trucks that have the shortfall. Semis are in more things than most people think and use everyday. My bet is you will see a little softening towards the end of this year, but this could easily last until the end of 2022. The industry as a whole is roughly 5x behind in capacity due to a number of factors. New fabs cost $1B-$10B to bring online and take years. There is no short term fix. Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't see a lot of near term relief in the market.

Comment

It's the new toilet paper shortage. Everyone right now is just trying to "get theirs", and have completely detached from the reality that they probably don't need a new truck right now. Just like they didn't need 500 rolls of TP.
                            Last edited by WItoTX; 06-03-2021, 07:41 AM. Reason: .

Comment

I picked up my wifes new Tahoe last week at James Woods in Decatur. They usually stock 600ish new vehicles on their lot. They had 40 total and 20 of those were service loaders.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                went to look at new trucks today ... ford dealer wants $5k over sticker for xlt trim or less , $10k over sticker for lariat or KR , $15k over for platinum.

guess they don't want my money..

drove a red lariat 3.5 eco . didn't even have a bed liner in it ... $75k!

drove a powerboost xlt ... i think they wanted $65k for it ... drove so nice and quiet too... but I can't trust hybrid long term...

the kr they had was 81k on the sticker ... +10k "addendum"

ford dealer ,you can gfys!
                                Yeah it’s been going on a while with all of them. I’m kind of surprised you haven’t heard about it!

Did they still say “ but were Only making $100 over invoice”. I hope it gets better before 2022 but I don’t see it! I hope you find what you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X