No announcement yet.

New Ranch Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!!! I love it! I cant wait to follow along as things progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
      Great build, that's gonna be awesome, what are goin to put on ceiling ?
      Not for sure but it will be some kind of wood. Probably resawn unless I can find something cheap. I am using 6" cedar on the ceiling in my bedroom so I may go with that.

Comment

Oh boy! Looks awesome so far, Mark...

Looking forward to more updates…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bathroom ceiling

My son works for a company that tore down 2 city blocks of warehouses in San Antonio. I was able to snag some beams a couple of years ago before they destroyed everything. I took the big beams to the mill and had them cut 1/2" thick and am using it on the walls and ceilings. i used some of the small ones to frame the bathroom ceiling with.
          Attached Files

Comment

How did I miss the other threads before?? this is awesome!! That cabin will be there forever and ever... keep posting!!!

Comment

Bathroom walls

I used the milled douglas fir for the south wall and ceiling and resawn pine on the other walls.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was thinking about your blind builds just the other day. This cabin is nothing short of awesome. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Mark, I can’t believe this is the first time I’ve seen this thread. You got it going on buddy !

Comment

Very impressive. As others have said, the deer stands you built were amazing but this is over the top. You have some amazing skills.

Comment

All of the free stuff

I've got all of the reclaimed stuff in this house for free. A bunch of my friends have "donated it to the cause". So much of the stuff has a story to go with it and I think it's what makes it kind of special.
                      This old fire brick with a star came out of the old ranch house and I stuck it in over the door when I was laying stone. It won't mean anything to anyone else but it does to me. It was the only one I could find in there and it was loose so I'm not 100% sure it was original.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Behind the stove

I also laid rock behind the stove so I wouldn't catch the wall on fire. As you can tell....I like stone and wood. I'm not quite done with the wall in the picture and the mortar isn't quite dry on the top stones.
                        I had an old replica stove that I used all winter to keep warm with and burn all of my wood scraps. I have been eyeballing some really old stoves that a guy in Slaton rebuilds and I pulled the trigger on getting one. I've burned it a couple of times on really cool mornings and had to open the windows. It works well! 1855 vintage
                        Attached Files

Comment

Amazing work as usual.

Comment

Too cool!!

Comment

Wow! Very nice!

Comment

Absolutely amazing. The blinds were insanely awesome...the cabin will top them. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X