New Ranch Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the metal

I laid stone for three months last summer. There were days when it was killer heat. I moved around from one side to the other so I was in the shade most of the time. I wouldn't want to lay stone for a living.

I put flagstone on most of it but used a double chop on the backside thinking I could lay it faster but that didn't work out. I think it took more time for the double chop.
    Attached Files

Comment

more stone

Made the door out of cedar and painted it with pinofin. Turned out nice.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Thank goodness you bought that steel and metal roof before the craziness started!

Comment

more

I used solid oak pipeline skids over the windows to carry the weight of the stone. I did this on some deer blinds and it worked out well. The door is framed with old milled telephone poles that I had a local sawmill cut for me. I think they are 3"X 12" and are bolted to the metal frame of the house. They shouldn't ever go anywhere.

The windows I bought from a TBH'r. He had them for sale. They had a slight blem on them and the home owner didn't want them. I think I paid about 400 bucks for all of the windows and then turned around and sold all of the windows I didn't use for more than that. IT worked out well.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            Looks great. Thank goodness you bought that steel and metal roof before the craziness started!
            No kidding. I hit it just right on the metal. I would hate to be buying framing metal and lumber right now.

Comment

Looks beautiful - Enjoy!

Comment

Inside

This is wood from a friend's moms garage. He tore it down and didn't want it. It was painted white so I water blasted it and then hit it with 80 grit on a belt sander. It cleaned up nice and is pretty. You can still see the white paint in the deep cracks. I think that adds character to it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Your rock deer stands were awesome. Now you really show off with another great build! You have mad skills Sir, looks awesome!!

Comment

You're a talented dude! Can't imagine how much work has gone into this. Looks amazing

Comment

Yes!!!!!!

Any build thread from Macoop gets a strong follow from me! Looks awesome so far sir!

Comment

Beautiful! You did a great job with the masonry!

Comment

Great job. That looks awesome!

Comment

looks great!

Comment

I was impressed with the rock blind. This is next level stuff. Awesomeness for sure!

Comment

That looks awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                                X