Bathtub Caulking Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    Guess you can worry about taping and all that but it has nothing to do with effectiveness, just looks. If you do though, I would wait till that application cures fully and then go back over it with another application that COVERS where you pulled the tape off. Just use the clear 100% silicone and looks won't be that critical. The main thing is that it doesn't leak, obviously!
    Cool, think I will give this way a try next time needed, thanks.

Comment

If you're caulking where the tile meets the tub make sure the tub is full when you caulk it.
      Last edited by Hammerdown; 04-16-2021, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I use a dripless caulk gun (smooth rod not the ratchet). Wear double rubber gloves (so you can change without getting caulk everywhere). After the initial bead, drag your finger to smooth. Use clear silicone caulk if you can (white silicone is messier than duck stuff).

Comment

Also make sure you clean the area with rubbing alcohol. Most of the work is on the prep.

Comment

Cualk the seams and get you finger wet and wipe down

Comment

That tub insert should only require caulk in about 2 spots, about 3 inches, each. The instructions should tell you where to put it. Any other gaps should be overlapping and self draining, and not need caulking, otherwise, unless you’re just dying to do it. I did a 4 pc one just like that, a few years back.
              Last edited by Abctx; 04-17-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X