No announcement yet.

Low End Over and Unders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 3 Yildez 20’s and 2 of those have several thousands through each because my boys competed with them for 2 years.

9 times out of 10 my oldest son will grab his Yildez out of the safe instead of his Berretta for a dove hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      I have this 20 ga. I might let go of. It's had about 5 boxes of Monarch dove loads shot thru it in 2 years I've had it. Still tight as new.
      Has all the chokes with it. Not sure if I still have the box in came in but do have a sock for it.
      Might be interested. How much you want for it?

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
        Might be interested. How much you want for it?
        pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          I have this 20 ga. I might let go of. It's had about 5 boxes of Monarch dove loads shot thru it in 2 years I've had it. Still tight as new.
          Has all the chokes with it. Not sure if I still have the box in came in but do have a sock for it.
          me too! Send info and price.

Comment

what about the Savage/Stevens o/u they come out with recently? Good looking gun.

Comment

I bought my daughter a 20 gauge youth Yildez when she was shooting with 4H. Probably has 1500 rounds or so through it and never a problem and we have shot some junk ammo through it as well as better quality rounds. I added a limb saver on it and it's a great fit for me so money well spent. It is still pretty tight on the break open though and I've oiled and greased it quit a bit. Good guns for the money.

Comment

Yildiz with the limbsaver pad is a lotta gun for little $$

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                  I have a Baikal 12 gauge O/U from Russia. About $300 brand new.
                  Very robust and well made. They're not pretty. Chokes are easy to find for them.
                  I had a baikal 20 that I still regret selling when I was in college but I needed beer money. That was a great shooting gun

Comment

I have a 20 gauge cz redhead deluxe I got for cheap on gunbroker. Love it.

Comment

I had a mossberg silver reserve 10yrs ago. Worked well and used the mobile choke, which was one reason I bought as could use my beretta chokes. Only thing I didn’t like was it was extractor only, but you get ise to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a yildez and for the money I have 0 complaints

Comment

The guns made by Akkar are solid. I had a CZ Swamp Magnum the was as solid as they come. A lot of the CZ's are made by Huglu and can be hit and miss. I had one. It was a miss. The current Charles Daly guns are mad be Akkar. I looked a 20 gauge over real good and it appeared to be of good quality.

The best bang for your buck is an older Ithaca made by SKB or an SKB. The guns made in Japan are the good ones and can often be had for around $600. They are a quality gun. I have owned a couple of them.

I think there are basically 4 classes of O/U shotguns
                          Cheap $400 to $500 that are ok for occasional use but are likely to break or wear out under heavy use
                          Decent which can be had from around $600 to $1000 the are pretty well made and will last a good while
                          Good which run between $1000 and $2500 which will be really good and last a long time
                          Stupidly expensive over $2500 I which give you the status thing to be better than the Jone's

Comment

I've got 3 Yildiz, 12, 20 & 410, no complaints!

Comment

I have a yildiz in 20 and 12. Thousands of shells fired in each. Great guns.

Comment

I had a Condor 2 barrel set 12/20 that I liked well. Ended up selling it for what I paid for it to help fund another Silver Pidgin.

Comment

Working...
                                X