No announcement yet.

Flu shot reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine no reaction, got my pneumonia shot nothing either. Hope the shingles vaccine is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
      Got mine no reaction, got my pneumonia shot nothing either. Hope the shingles vaccine is the same.
      I keep telling myself to get that shingles vaccine..... I have heard a lot of people have reactions to it...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        I keep telling myself to get that shingles vaccine..... I have heard a lot of people have reactions to it...

Wife just got it and no issues....no issues with covid or flu shot either...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Wife just got it and no issues....no issues with covid or flu shot either...
          Good to hear I am getting the shingles next week.

Comment

I taught public school for 26 years and the only time that I ever got the flue was during my second year of teaching two days after I took the flue shot.

So from that day forward, I made up my mind that "I WOULD NEVER TAKE THE FLUE SHOT AGAIN".

For the rest of my career, I never had a problem with the flue, and still haven't had the flue 4 years after retirement. .

Comment

I was in the hospital for 2 days trying to get my fever down from 103+. I became unconscious a couple hours after receiving it and woke up in the hospital. I will never take another one. Went thru the chills and shakes and sweats so bad I could not stand it.

Comment

I always felt bad the night after a flu shot- Since they made Tamaflu I stopped taking the flu shot. I have only had the flu twice since then and got Tamaflu quick. Both times I was 100% within a day. For me the Tamaflu option is what I have decided on. I hope today she is better

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Could be she has the flu. Exposed maybe 2 weeks ago.
                  Lol yea could be she does because she just got injected with the flu virus.

Op hope she gets to feeling better.

Comment

I've had my flu shot every year for as long as I can remember. Never had a reaction and didn't have one with this year's. Wife is the same way. Neither of us have ever had a diagnosed case of the flu

Comment

Hope she gets better. My Son took the flu shot several years ago and got really sick from it and will not take it again. Same scenario. I take it every year and have had no side effects at all.

Based on my understanding, the CDC guesses which strains of flu will be dominant each year and manufacturers a vaccine to combat those particular strains. Even their predictions are often wrong.

Comment

Due to what my wife is going thur, I will not get a flu shot, but our family Doc is saying to get the pneumonia and Shingles shots.. He said the Shingles if you get them can be very nasty!

Comment

Flu shot has always made me feel rough.

Comment

If we talkin C19 shot wife and me had both Madera shot back back in march ...fst nada second sore arm and lazy next day...If we talkin reg FLU shot I got the super duper myself last week ...nada....Wife got regular flu shot 2 days ago nada They were out of super duper that day...I personal don't know anyone that had problem with any of above shots...I personally know about 12 people that had C19 2 died and rest recovered none had shots...

Comment

Hope she gets better soon, I would imagine anti inflammatories are in order.

Thanks for posting, I’ll continue to use Tamaflu as my backup plan if I should ever catch a case of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I get a flu shot each fall and rarely if ever have any sort if reaction. If I do, it's mild.

So got my flu shot yesterday along with a shingles shot.

Woke up this morning feeling like crap, almost just stayed in bed. Dragged my arse to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X