No announcement yet.

Age on this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks at least 4 but that first pic in post #7 makes him look 5. Saggy brisket and more of a belly.

Comment

4-5

Comment

Most of me thinks he’s really old. Just shows some of those signs. Hard to judge this one. Minimum of 4. But I’m leaning to 6+

Comment

I had him at 4 until the 2nd pic in post #7. See the saggy, wrinkled neck...to me, that is a sure sign of a mature deer....

Comment

I still can’t make up my mind on him.. if he was older, wouldn’t his back sway more? Maybe he is just a fat 3/4 year old..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
              I still can’t make up my mind on him.. if he was older, wouldn’t his back sway more? Maybe he is just a fat 3/4 year old..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              From my experience not all old bucks have sway backs.

Comment

I also heard that you can age a deer by looking at the ears, the older they are, the longer their ears are.

Comment

4 to 5

Comment

I'm seeing a fat 3 year old... No matter though. If you like him and want to shoot him, give that sucker a dirt nap...! The close up facial pics says early middle aged deer at best... Yea, he's got some brisket/skin, but give him 2-3 weeks and that will all be gone after he sheds his velvet and gets into the "swing of things"... His long skinny legs yet fat gut gives me the impression along with his face of being a well fed three year old.

Comment

I agree with those that say fat 3-4

Comment

5 or6

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
                          5 or6
                          You're right. My guess is 6. He isn't young. Donkey butt, deep chest, big belly, and slight Roman nose say older.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Speedgoat; 09-13-2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

He looks 5+ to me would not surprise me if he's 6 yo 7.

Comment

I'm just not sure.. His neck also tells me he is younger.. I think I am going to hold off on him this year.. As much as I want to take him, I couldn't forgive myself if he was young and I shot him with so much potential.

Comment

Just a friendly conversation here….From my experience it’s not a guarantee that a drop tine will repeat. We’ve seen them only have it one year. While others it comes and goes.

Not trying to talk you into it or out of chasing him, just conversing about it.

It’s not easy judging age off one set of pics. I’m in the camp it’s like a puzzle and you need more pieces to get a better guess….History sure helps out.

In your case, I’d go in and see him person and make a judgement call then.

Either way, best of luck this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X