Home Security System : Which One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Security System : Which One

So, we moved into the new house and the wife wants a home security system. Which one do you recommend and why? We had ADT at our previous house and it was ok. Just wondering what the green screen prefers.

Simplisafe hands down. Look them up, all diy. Super easy.

Comment

Yep. Simplisafe. Simple and easy to install yourself (no wires). Not terribly expensive. Works great.

Comment

We just changed from ADT to Vivint, the system is light years ahead of ADT and the cameras are absolutely next level. We rarely used our ADT system due to it being a pain but now it’s used daily and you can program pretty much anything you want it to do on your phone not to mention you can lock and unlock the doors, watch cameras etc etc straight from your phone from anywhere. Our only regret is not having their system installed way sooner.
        You can also set it for in home and out of home meaning the motion sensors are not activated during in home so the system arms everything else. Big selling feature for us,

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
          We just changed from ADT to Vivint, the system is light years ahead of ADT and the cameras are absolutely next level. We rarely used our ADT system due to it being a pain but now it’s used daily and you can program pretty much anything you want it to do on your phone not to mention you can lock and unlock the doors, watch cameras etc etc straight from your phone from anywhere. Our only regret is not having their system installed way sooner.
          You can also set it for in home and out of home meaning the motion sensors are not activated during in home so the system arms everything else. Big selling feature for us,
          I called them and they wanted $2500 for the equipment. Same equipment at SimpliSafe, but SimpliSafe is $400 for the equipment that I need. And the monthly charge is the same.

Comment

I can’t say anything about that since I don’t know anything about them. It sounds like you answered your own question though lol
            I don’t have time to mess with installing these things nor troubleshooting should a problem arise so we went with a turn key system. Pretty much everything is better than ADT so your winning regardless

Comment

We also have Vivint and like it. We have the alarm system, cell based panel, 3 cameras and vehicle sensor on my wife’s car.

Like Kong said... I have no desire to install and setup and prefer wired, or mostly wired systems due to the cyber security risk wireless systems pose. Yes it is expensive. But after 3 rounds of vehicle breakins on our street I decided the cost was less than the cost of stolen and damaged property.

If I was going to do it over again, and do it myself, I’d go with a Lorex 4K kit at Costco. And I might still do that as a backup.

Comment

I cant stand Vivint after being with them for 4 years. Our system has locked us in the house a few times, never seems to work with the app, and the equipment was crazy expensive. I cant say that they are bad as a whole because they have worked with me to fix the issues, I just cant stand having these issues with the money I already paid. I will switch when the contract is up. FYI our builder had a deal with them and they were the only system we were offered.

Comment

I've been a Simplisafe customer for over 10 years and so far so good. They don't have all the bells and whistles some of the others have, but it is a good system that works and is way less expensive than others. The only thing I did not like were the key fobs. They broke too easily.

Comment

Not Brinks! Going thru hell with them now trying to cancel a month to month contract on a house I’m moving out of.
                    Made a 3 year written contract with DFW Security that ended Dec. 2019 and became month you month.
                    DFW sold to Select Security sometime last year. Never had a single conversation with Select.
                    Brinks buys “contract” from Select that Select says is a 2 year extended “verbal agreement” contract that never actually existed.
                    Brinks says they have no actual proof of contract because a) it was made with a different company and b) it was verbal and they don’t have the recording.
                    I said I have a signed 3 year contract with DFW that expired Dec 2019 and they need to quit drawing money from my account and that I’m not paying them any more.
                    Brinks says they send it to collections and see me in court.

Comment

Working...
                    X