No announcement yet.

I am a moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was working on my draw and accidentally dry-fired once. It was fine, when they test most newer bows that is part of testing. The most common dry fire failure is the string breaking or coming off the cams. If that happens the lots of other things can break too, like limbs.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
      Your good, go hunt.
      This^

Comment

Invisible arrows! Sweet!

Comment

Put me in the moron group. I've done it too.

Comment

if you didnt hear any cracking or popping other than the string you should be good to go. If something major happened you would have heard some bad sounds from it.

Comment

It happens. I won’t name the person just did it that is a member on here. His Triax had to have limbs replaced.

Comment

It happens.....I did it once and it threw off my peep site and silencers. How it done that I still don't know, crazy. Scared the crap out of me and I thought to myself, you BIG dummy. I took mine in and had everything put back on and think goodness nothing was damaged.

Comment

Just don’t forget to knock the arrow when you are in the stand hunting
                  Glad to hear you didn’t get string whipped or any obvious damage

Comment

Check the limbs with a cotton ball ur good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great tip on checking limbs with cotton balls. New tool for my tacklebox.

Good luck Sr Generale

Comment

I derailed mine in my kitchen once, while my wife was cooking dinner. It was loud and crap flew everywhere. She was less than impressed.

Comment

S#@T happens......

Comment

Oh thank goodness... at first I thought you said "I am a Mormon". Your bow should be fine but don't scare me like that lol.

Comment

I'd be just as concerned with bent cams...even the slightest tweak/bend you may not be able to see with the untrained eye can cause a future derailment and you might not be so lucky this time with the limbs and string staying together around your eyes.

I'd get it check out.

Comment

That Sucks. I'd Have it Checked out too if you Had the Time. Won't hurt

Comment

Working...
                                X