Dead on at 30, right at 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead on at 30, right at 40

New bow with 5 pin spott hog, adjustable in all 3 planes. Dead on at 20 and 30 but consistently hitting right about 4" at 40. Maybe it's a form breakdown or maybe a tuning issue. Thoughts?

Walk back tune...

Comment

Yup, walk back. You could start by french tuning and of course working on your form.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
        New bow with 5 pin spott hog, adjustable in all 3 planes. Dead on at 20 and 30 but consistently hitting right about 4" at 40. Maybe it's a form breakdown or maybe a tuning issue. Thoughts?
        I had this same problem and went away from the sight. I never could get it right.

Good luck and I hope you have more patience than me.

Comment

I’d bet it a rest issue I’d also watch for string contact

Comment

Just shoot at 30. You'll be dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Just shoot at 30. You'll be dead on.

Yep anything Beyond 30 yards is unethical anyway

Comment

Unethical????? Shooting with anything you choose is "unethical" whether its 20 yards with a bow or 200 yards with a rifle. Man or women, errors can happen. I bet you have made a bad shot at 20 yards with a bow and have lost animals (antelercollector). Practice at whatever yardage you choose and you increase your success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesbo View Post
                  Unethical????? Shooting with anything you choose is "unethical" whether its 20 yards with a bow or 200 yards with a rifle. Man or women, errors can happen. I bet you have made a bad shot at 20 yards with a bow and have lost animals (antelercollector). Practice at whatever yardage you choose and you increase your success.
                  You might want to slow down on that keyboard until you get to know some of the characters around here. Sarcasm runs thick around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    You might want to slow down on that keyboard until you get to know some of the characters around here. Sarcasm runs thick around these parts.
                    HAHA Thick like molasses in winter.

Comment

You know I had the same exact same issue. I went to a bow shop and my lower cam was out of adjustment. I was tuning up it to 70 yards and the arrow would hit 4 inches to the right then progressively move further right the further I was shooting.

Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                        haha florida man at it again

Comment

I once shot a deer at 108 yards with my bear whitetail hunter set at 45 lbs. But that was in 1985 and before the SJWs ran rampant on social media. Oh wait, there want social media either!

Just jivin’! Just Jivin’!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesbo View Post

He was only kidding

Comment

Would the bubble level on the sight being off cause that problem also?

Comment

Working...
                              X