No announcement yet.

Add “safecracker” to my resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting safe and booby trap for sure. Glad you got it open without breaking the trap and without a combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's cool, enjoyed the read and pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s awesome!!

Any idea what year that was?

N/M, I see it’s dated 1931

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          You may have been even luckier than you thought. I broke into only one safe through the years and it looked just like that one except it was twice as big. I went through the back, cutting the countersunk heads off of all the bolts in the back. We took the back off and had to chisel through about 6" of white chalky stuff.. We took the inner back out and removed the shelves and drawers. There was a whole box of blasting caps from 1958, the last year it was opened, in the safe. We took the little door off the inside of the main door so we could align every thing to open it. As the door came off we heard a snap sound. When we got the little door open, there was a glass vile, broken by a spring arm. The label on the vile said cyanide. I asked an old lock smith about it and he said most of the larger ones had it.

I found another post you shared a few years back telling that story. I told Shannon about it and she kinda freaked out, as did I!

Glad it had already evaporated!! Scary deal for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
            Sure that's teargas and not phosgene or cyanide?

The little bit of information I’ve found on these safes from this time period all said tear gas. Draco’s safe cracking involved cyanide as it was a much larger safe. I found a few safe restorers and I’m going to pick their brain as to what it could be.

Comment

Thanks, love the story.

Comment

Working...
              X