Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great start to Memorial Day weekend-It's called Brisket!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great start to Memorial Day weekend-It's called Brisket!!

I posted to the "Plans for Memorial Day" thread... Said I was gonna do a couple briskets. I gotta tell y'all a little story about it! Well, a couple years ago a buddy of mine (who is not a TBH'er) got a new stick burner and he asked me if I'd ever done briskets. I told him of course and I've got the greatest recipe every for them. He asked me to send it to him. Well what I sent him was "Jason's Brisket Without Pictures"... AKA "Smart's" brisket recipe. I may have asked him how it turned out back then, but don't really even remember... As we more seasoned folks are prone to do, I never thought about it again... Fast forward to a couple weeks ago... He and I went to the lease mid-week to have a load of cottonseed delivered. We stayed a few days to fill feeders, mow, weedeat, get some work done. As we usually do, whoever is coming along we usually pitch in and bring a meal or two each to cover everyone... One of his meals was some brisket he'd done up and cut into single meal size chunks and vacuum sealed and frozen... He thawed it out, put it in a pan covered with foil and slapped it in the oven... I told him after the meal, "Mike, I think that was about the best brisket I've ever had!" While we were eating, he told me he had a recipe he got somewhere and he just followed it to a "tee". I told him, "Man, I gotta have that recipe!! Well, Thursday when I told him about picking up a couple briskets to do for Memorial Day weekend, he said, I'll send you the recipe you asked me for... Shortly after I got an email with an attachment. When I opened the attachment, it was a one page document, "Jason's Brisket Recipe Without Pictures"!!! Son of a gun, I'd clean forgot about sending that to him! I text him back and told him, I should have known it, Jason is the King of TBH when it comes to smokin' n grillin!!

I put two big suckers on this morning about 8:30 AM after my fire got "right"...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	25213469

Name:	IMG_9654.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	25213468

Wrapped them per Jason's instructions, and finished them off at 200 degrees...

Name:	IMG_9656.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	25213470

Name:	IMG_9657.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	25213471

Family said, "That's the best brisket you ever did!!" I'd have to agree...

Thanks Smart!!

Man that looks delicious!

Comment

Yum!!!

Sent you an email Chas...

Comment

Looks pretty good

Comment

Looks like life is getting back to normal on the prairie with those good looking briskets. They look tasty.

Comment

Hahahahaha.....That's awesome SS! Looking good!

Thanks for the props Charlie but I am merely a backyard hack that writes everything down.....glad it worked out for you and your buddy. They are a fickle piece of meat but **** they are good when we BBQers get it right.

Comment

I need a copy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you forward that to me??

Comment

Who do we need to pay or beg for the recipe? Smarts Jerky was a hit with family and friends! Can only imagine how the brisket turns out.

Comment

Y'all talk sweet to Jason... maybe he'll send it to ya!

Comment

Happy Birthday Jason!!!!

by the way, can you send over that recipe before all the cake and ice cream begins?

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                          Happy Birthday Jason!!!!

by the way, can you send over that recipe before all the cake and ice cream begins?

Hahahaha Thank you!

Anybody that wants what Charlie is referencing, send me a PM WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS and I'll forward it to you. It is a word document. You'd be surprised how many folks forget the email address so I put it in capital letters..

Comment

Looks great Charlie

Comment

So, what you’re really saying is “What goes around, comes around”?

Comment

Working...
                              X