Snake bite test ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTala View Post
    I got bit by a cottonmouth when I was 16...dang fang went straight thru my tennis shoe

got hit again when I was 30 by a Timber Rattler...fangs went straight thru a Lacross Grange rubber boot, maybe 4" from the top.

got hit two years later by a cottonmouth...those Gokey Bullhide snake boots broke his fangs!!!!!
    Maybe you should stay out of the woods !

Comment

I got bit by a cottonmouth when I was 16...dang fang went straight thru my tennis shoe

got hit again when I was 30 by a Timber Rattler...fangs went straight thru a Lacross Grange rubber boot, maybe 4" from the top.

got hit two years later by a cottonmouth...those Gokey Bullhide snake boots broke his fangs!!!!!

How big was the Timber? I always figured the Lacross rubber boots would stop the fangs.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
        Maybe you should stay out of the woods !

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          How big was the Timber? I always figured the Lacross rubber boots would stop the fangs.
          Same

Comment

Timber Rattler was five feet, my two hands lacked an inch of going around her middle. Hit the boot maybe 3-4" from the top.

stay out of the woods? Ran in the rivers and woods since I was eight or nine, 26 years as a GW, retired to run a couple of farms. In the woods all my life.

Comment

I asked one of the guys that works in the Gun show rattle snake exhibit and he said that a huge rattler can strike as high as waist high if he really wants to but they usually didn’t strike more than half way up to your knee as a rule.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Timber Rattler was five feet, my two hands lacked an inch of going around her middle. Hit the boot maybe 3-4" from the top.

stay out of the woods? Ran in the rivers and woods since I was eight or nine, 26 years as a GW, retired to run a couple of farms. In the woods all my life.

That girth explains a lot!

Comment

I haven’t ever had a run in with a timber rattler but a snake bigger around than a navel orange is hard for me to picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Rubber boots stop nothing but water.

Comment

Never been hit, but I trust my Chips. I wear them all the time.

Comment

I guess I’ve got to get some new Chips after reading this

The thought of breaking them in makes my feet hurt

Anyone not scared of snakes have some 11’s broke in��

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                          I guess I’ve got to get some new Chips after reading this

The thought of breaking them in makes my feet hurt

Anyone not scared of snakes have some 11’s broke in��

My Chips took no break in..

Comment

Working...
                          X