• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
    these need to make a comeback

Agreed!

Comment

I grew up trying to see how many wheels I could get off the ground with those things. Wrecked out more times than I could count. Got lucky and was never really hurt. My dad got rid of the last big red we had a few years ago. I could still run it across the pasture though. That thing ran for a good 30 years or more I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Still picking cactus thorns outta my hide from one of these throwing me off more'n 30 years ago up north of Rotan, Tx.
        I'm thinking you threw yourself off of said machine?

Comment

I had a similar experience as a kid.....looked over my should to find the other wheeler riding with us and was abruptly stopped by running head-on into a concrete irrigation pipe. It totaled the bike.....forks folded all the way back into the motor. I was lucky enough to walk away with only a bump on my head and a serious bruise across both thighs from where the handlebars kept me from being a lawn dart.
          Last edited by Alphabets; 05-21-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

This brings back memories. As a kid I wanted one so bad, my mom and dad were skeptical. I found that UHaul rented them and talked them into renting one for the wk/end. Got it home, started up and a blazing down the road I went straight into a ROCK mailbox. Lol. Well I didn’t die but wished I had, my dad was a little upset.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Where were you with this announcement in 1986?

Is using a pencil to rewind a cassette tape ok?

Metal lawn darts?
              Metal lawn darts! Man those were the days.

Comment

My wife worked for oral surgeon for many years. These are the only thing that broke more jaws than Shetland ponies!!!

Comment

Whisky throttling will hurt anyone on any type of atv. Glad hes ok. I owned a "Big Red" 3 wheeler growing up and cant tell you how many times i rolled it with only minor injuries. No way in hell i would put my kids on one. Owner i used to work for had a son that was paralyzed riding one.

Comment

I have Big Red 250es currently. Heck I let my 8 year old drive mine in 2nd gear and he has yet do anything bad. I wish I could find an old ATC 70 for him to learn on. First machine I ever rode was a 185 I believe and I never wrecked it and put tons of miles on it through some sketchy creeks and trails. My dad had a 83 250R and that thing was bad fast! Weight transfer means everything on three wheelers when turning at speeds. Again like anything it is about knowing your limits and not going past them.

Comment

[ATTACH]1004690[/ATTACH]

Comment

Big Red Running wide open down a gravel road near Madisonville. I no helmet no shirt no shoes. Mom picked gravel out of my back for months. Pops beat my *** for months. Man those were good times.

Comment

I had a 250R as a teen. That 2-stroke 250 powerband was AWESOME! It would raise the front tire in all 5 gears if you weren’t holding it down.

I only ever wrecked it once...but it was a good’n[emoji6][emoji856] (and 100% my fault)

I couldn’t tell you how many thousands of hours I, my siblings and buddies put on that thing without injury.

3-wheelers aren’t dangerous anymore than guns or chainsaws are dangerous. Overconfident operators are dangerous...

I’m glad your son-in-law is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                            I had a 250R as a teen. That 2-stroke 250 powerband was AWESOME! It would raise the front tire in all 5 gears if you weren’t holding it down.

I only ever wrecked it once...but it was a good’n[emoji6][emoji856] (and 100% my fault)

I couldn’t tell you how many thousands of hours I, my siblings and buddies put on that thing without injury.

3-wheelers aren’t dangerous anymore than guns or chainsaws are dangerous. Overconfident operators are dangerous...

I’m glad your son-in-law is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            This... I know of no kids hurt on a 3 wheeler personaly

I know 1 that died and SEVERAL that spent time in ICU ON 4 WHEELERS

Comment

Glad he is ok. I think this may have been an operator error more than the 3 wheeler. I have many a fond memory riding a 3 wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
                                im prolly going to hell but i laughed at this one
                                Uhhhhh.......... ok...........

Comment

Working...
                                X