No announcement yet.

3 wheelers are dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned a bunch of 'em and never had a problem with them. They were a great hunting tool for the East Texas woods. Much more maneuverable than a 4-wheeler. I hauled many, many dead animals out the woods strapped to one. Hauled my dog and decoys no telling how far in rice fields... Never really had a crash, but then again, I never used them for anything other than a tool for hunting (and fishing a bit too).

Comment

Still picking cactus thorns outta my hide from one of these throwing me off more'n 30 years ago up north of Rotan, Tx.

Comment

Had a couple close calls on one as well. Almost shredded my leg on a barbed wire fence, but luckily got it straightened out in time and only got a couple scars and also went over the handle bars at about 20 mph, and you know I wasn't wearing a helmet back in the 80's.

Comment

We had one growing up and that thing would flip so easy. Glad no one was seriously injured.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            I've known a few people that have flipped them. My aunt is missing a leg because of one. Not really because of the 3 wheeler but it threw her out in the road and a semi ran over her.
            Woah

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Deceiving thread title

Glad your son in law is ok.

Comment

Those 3 wheelers were the chit growing up. The Honda 250r was a freaking monster.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  i've known a few people that have flipped them. My aunt is missing a leg because of one. Not really because of the 3 wheeler but it threw her out in the road and a semi ran over her.
                  im prolly going to hell but i laughed at this one

Comment

1985 Honda 350x.....that is a beast

Comment

My buddy brought one to bow camp in Colorado, we had to rush him to the hospital in the back of a pickup to the emergency room, broken ribs, collapsed lung. I was asked to go get the thing out of the woods and I crashed it in a wheel rut coming up a hill and destroyed my leg wiping out sideways, caught underneath it...could hardly hunt anymore that week. Evil machines! lol

Comment

Where were you with this announcement in 1986?

Is using a pencil to rewind a cassette tape ok?

Metal lawn darts?

Comment

I usually had one of the rears off the ground & spent more time on two wheels with those things...my thumb is still sore.

Comment

3 wheel tractors are also dangerous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              I owned a bunch of 'em and never had a problem with them. They were a great hunting tool for the East Texas woods. Much more maneuverable than a 4-wheeler. I hauled many, many dead animals out the woods strapped to one. Hauled my dog and decoys no telling how far in rice fields... Never really had a crash, but then again, I never used them for anything other than a tool for hunting (and fishing a bit too).
                              this^^^^ all the stoires of crashes i have heard have been kids being kids on em. just like with any vehicle if you are cautious and dont try and go full throttle and drive like you are trying to win the Indy 500 you should be fine. BUT where is the fun in that hahaha! my uncle had one growing up and boy did i ever put a beating on it and myself. my brother drove it like a wuss in my opinion but he never rolled it crashed it or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Where were you with this announcement in 1986?

Is using a pencil to rewind a cassette tape ok?

Metal lawn darts?
                                these need to make a comeback

Comment

Working...
                                X